Tuesday, July 3, 2012

33 Week Appointment

We are at 33 weeks today and I'm just starting to feel it. I know it's only gonna get worse as the next 7 weeks carry on. Haha!! Yesterday I spent the day shopping with my Mom and sister at the mall, and although I did sit down A LOT, I didn't drink near as much water as I should have while we were out. Once I drank some when we got home I felt lots better, but was just restless last night and couldn't get comfortable in bed. Guess I probably overdid it a little bit.

We almost got to see our little one on sonogram today. The baby's heartbeat was all over the place when the nurse was checking it with the doppler. I was lying on my back so she had me roll over to my side. It got stronger, but was still everywhere from 120-160 and not consistent. Justin said he's never seen it like that before. She said she would have the doctor come check to see if we needed to go down for a sonogram. 

The doctor we met today was the 3rd one in the practice. We loved her just as much as the other one and our regular doctor...maybe even a little more, but today we were kind of biased because we actually got into the appointment early rather than having to wait past our scheduled time. :) 

Anyway, the doctor came in and just held the doppler over the baby for a while to watch the heartbeat and make sure everything looked/sounded good. Of course while she was in there, everything was perfect. I think we're just at a point where the baby's getting too big for me to lie on my back anymore.

She measured my belly, but I'm really not sure what it measured at this week. Justin and I were too focused on the baby being ok. I guess it was fine or she probably would have said something. I don't think I gained anything this week either. Can't remember what I weighed last time, but I know from what I've been weighing at home I'm either the same or lost a little this time. Again, no comment on that either so I assume all is well.

She did discuss again the importance of counting kicks, so I'll continue to be doing that. She talked about drinking more water...which I will try my best to do. I sometimes feel like I'm gonna drown in all the water I've been consuming. She said with the heat I need to rest a lot more than normal. I'm gonna try my best to do that too. I feel like we still have a lot to get ready for the baby and the last thing I want to do is lie on the couch all afternoon. It hits me hard though when it's time for me to rest. I was out this morning after the appointment running some errands and by the time I ate lunch I was worn out. Guess my trips out from now on will have to be short and frequent instead of going out for the afternoon trying to get a lot of stuff done.

By the way, here's a picture of the yummy lunch I had!!


A Volcano Roll from Avocado...and yes, I'm allowed to eat that! ;)

 Overall, today's appointment went very well and was probably one of the quickest we've had. We have now met all the doctors in the practice and are both comfortable with any of them delivering our baby if our doctor is not on call the day it happens. We go back for our next visit in 2 weeks then will start weekly visits after that. 7 weeks left!!! (We also saw on the chart today that our due date is written as August 22nd. We're not sure if it's the 21st or 22nd now. The doctor said it really doesn't matter because the baby will come when he/she's ready anyway which is very true. Haha!!)

No comments: