Justin and I had a fairly laid back 4th of July. He had the day off from work so we slept in some. We got up intending to go eat at Dairy-ette. When we got over there though, they must have been closed for the holiday because no one was there. :( We were sad. So, we decided to go instead to Ruby Tuesday on the lake in Rockwall. Every time we've been there the food has been great. They must have not wanted to work today or something though because the food was not good at all. Justin had to send his steak back for being over cooked, but the tables on each side of us had issues with some of their food too and both sent something back. Needless to say, we were disappointed.
After eating lunch we decided to make a day of thrift storing to see if we could find any deals and more letters for the nursery. Justin found quite a few records for his collection at great prices. We found more letters for the nursery too!! (Excuse the baby poking out in the bottom of all these pictures!)
We already have a M, but this one was cute so I'm gonna have to decide which looks best when we put the letters up on the wall.
We also already have 2 E's, so this makes our 3rd. We couldn't pass this one up though because it's so unique. Like the M, we'll have to see which one looks best with all the other letters.
I'm proud to say that so far, we have not paid more than $3 for any one letter!! I think we've found at least half so far!! I need to get started repainting some of the ones that need a little touch up.
When I got tired, we stopped at Red Box to rent a couple movies for the evening and go home to relax. We watched Safe House and 21 Jump Street. They were both good movies. 21 Jump Street was funny, and at times stupid. Safe House was definitely action packed and kept me on the edge of my seat. I would recommend both of them.
This morning I got up early to take Kathryn, Sau, and my Mom to the airport. They leave today to go to American Samoa for a wedding reception and celebration over there with Sau's family. Kathryn and Sau will be there through the beginning of August to get to spend some time with his family, and my Mom will be there for a week to get to meet his family and celebrate with them some more. She has begged the baby not to come while she's gone over the next week because there is only one flight in per week and one flight out per week. She's flying in on the one this week and flying out on the one next week. It's not like she can catch a red eye flight to get back in time. I told her I will talk to Squishy every day and tell him/her to wait a little bit longer. We need more baking time anyway...and more time to get the nursery ready.
I have a few more letters to find...I think I'll stop at a couple more thrift stores this afternoon and see if I come across any of the letters we have remaining. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment