Monday I spent the day getting some things done that we were unable to get to over the weekend. I started out the morning by writing thank you notes for the gifts we received at our shower on Saturday (pictures to come soon...I need to get them from my Mom). I then dropped the thank you's off at the post office and grabbed lunch.
After eating lunch, I stopped by Goodwill to donate quite a few items we no longer use or need that were taking up space in the nursery. I parked next to someone that obviously is horrible at parking.
When I was getting back in my car, I noticed someone had left a note on the window for the driver. Here it is rotated right side up for you to read:
"Learn how to park. Next time you will get a ticket."
Haha!! I got a good laugh out of it.
I then took a back seat full of books to sell at Half Price Books. It took them quite a while to go through them, so I found a book and sat and read it while I waited. I'm not sure how many books we bagged/boxed, but the back seat and floor board of my car was full. We became rich by getting $32.50 for all of them!! Haha!! That was fine with me though because I wasn't about to load them back up and take them somewhere else. A lot of the books I gave away were old textbooks or study guides and weren't worth anything since they were so outdated. That was ok with us though...we just needed to clear the space for the baby more than we needed the money. It was enough to buy a gallon of paint though, so that's a plus!!
I went to Home Depot after Half Price Books to buy the paint for the baby's room. I think everyone else going into the store was there to buy paint too. I had to wait for a while, but it's ok...I like watching how they put the color in and mix it. Not sure why it's fascinating, but it is. :) Here is the outcome of the 4 colors we chose for the nursery:
I'm looking forward to seeing them on the walls soon!!
After Home Depot, I went by a couple other places to pick up some small, quick things. By the time I was done running most of my errands on today's list I was tired, so I came home. I washed a load of dishes and started laundry. For the most part I got all the big stuff knocked off my to do list. I have a couple things to try to finish up on Tuesday and plan to relax the rest of the day...we'll see how that goes though. :)
Wednesday I have a Nursing Seminar all day that I'm looking forward to attending. Then Wednesday night we have the breastfeeding class. Thursday morning I have the 36 week doctor appointment followed by lunch with my Aunt Cindy. Whatever comes up that I need to do between now and then will just have to wait until Friday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment