Saturday we had a baby shower from Justin's side of the family. My sister-in-law, Jenn, and Justin's cousin, Linsey, co-hosted the shower. Jenn made all the decorations and put together the games. Linsey made the food and offered her new home as the location for the shower to take place. They both did an amazing job putting it all together. I'm so thankful to these girls for all they did!!
Jenn, me, and Linsey
I'm just going to share a lot of the pictures and comment as I go:
The invitation
The Party's Here Sign
As everyone walked in, Jenn had each person take a guess on if the baby will be a boy or girl. She took each person's picture with the corresponding sign. 18 guessed boy and 14 guessed girl!
The Baby banner, prize gifts, and shower gifts area.
We all got to drink out of mason jars. They were decorated very cute!! Justin's Mom's side of the family had their names in pink. His Dad's side of the family had their names in blue. My name was in both.
The food table!!
Cupcakes
Water and lemonade
A diaper cake Jenn made!
One game was to guess how many jelly beans were in the jar.
Everyone eating and chatting.
Jenn grabbed me a book to use to write on for another game. When she came back she had tears in her eyes. Without paying attention, this is the book she grabbed for me to use. Grandma Dennis always said "I love you more" so it was like she was there with us that day.
Playing a trivia game.
Opening gifts. I didn't share all the pictures because there are A LOT. I picked the ones where I'm actually making a normal face!
All the ladies that attended the shower.
Jenn, Sherry, me, and Grandma Shields
Rachael, me, and Kay
Kristin, Amber, me, Suzi, and Cheryl (they drove from Austin just for the shower!)
Me and Jenn
Sherry, me, and Jenn
Here are the gifts I gave my hostesses as a thank you for putting the shower together. It is all the fixings for homemade lemonade in a picnic basket.
Justin and I are so blessed by the generosity of his family from this shower. I left that day with the entire back of my car filled with gifts for the baby. We cannot express our thanks and gratitude enough for everyone's love, support, and generosity. We are very lucky to have people surrounding us that already love our little baby as much as we do!!
Jenn also posted about the shower today on her blog. If you'd like to check it out, click
HERE!!

No comments:
Post a Comment