Thursday, July 26, 2012

36 week appointment and lunch

I went to the doctor this morning for my 36 week check up. We're now set up on weekly visits until the baby decides to come!! Everything is continuing to look great!! Some of this information may be TMI for the guys, but I know most of the girls want to hear it...so just skim over the parts that are too much for you. ;)

My belly measured at 36 weeks this week...right on track. However, my doctor was feeling the baby and she said he/she feels big to her...more like a 38 week baby. I told her that just this week I have started to feel like the baby is heavier and has very little room left to grow. It will be interesting to see what happens these last few weeks!! It's looking like we're gonna have a big baby either way though. We went ahead and got a sonogram scheduled for August 17th to get another look at the baby if he/she hasn't come yet. My doctor just wants to double check everything before delivery and make sure that our plan is still the best at that time with the size of the baby.

She started cervical exams this week and I'll have them each week as well. She said my cervix has softened, but has not thinned or dilated any yet. The baby has dropped...I didn't even know it had happened!! So, for now we're still just waiting.

My ankles were a little swollen today. That's the first time she's noticed any swelling at a visit. I did sit in a chair all day yesterday at a nursing seminar though, then sat in a chair last night at breastfeeding class. She told me to start taking it easy, to not do too much, and to keep my feet up. Easier said than done!! There's a lot I have left that I want to get done for the nursery!!

Overall, baby is still looking great and growing well!! Squishy moves and kicks A LOT!!! :)

Prayers needed though that we can keep this baby in for a while longer. Justin's job is sending him out of town for 2 days next week. He leaves Tuesday morning and gets back Wednesday night. They have said they will send him back at a moments notice if something happens...but let's just say lots of prayers that baby waits till he gets back. I've had to promise that I will stay on the couch for those 2 days and not do anything extreme that would cause the baby to want to come. If anyone would like to come over and watch movies or hang out...you'll know where to find me!! :) My sister has been hoping Squishy holds out for her to get home as well. They are still in American Samoa and will not be back until next weekend. And my doctor will be out of town the week after that, so she keeps telling the baby to wait until she gets back to come so she can see and deliver him/her!! So, the baby really needs to keep on growing and developing and give us the full 4 more weeks until the due date!! 


After my appointment at the doctor, I went to my Aunt Cindy's house to have lunch with her and my Uncle Tom. 

She ordered sushi to be delivered from a place called The Fish Sushi Bar and Restaurant.

I had the Hurricane Roll (crawfish tails, avocado, masago, tempura, spicy mayo, eel sauce); the Philly Roll (smoked salmon, avocado, cream cheese); and some dumplings.

Squishy and I enjoying our lunch and time visiting with Tom and Cindy.


On a side note:
I know I didn't blog yesterday, sorry! I was at a nursing seminar all day learning about how to promote our kids being healthy in our schools. After the workshop was over, I drove downtown to pick up Justin for dinner. We went to eat at Twisted Root. I must have been hungry because I ate a foot long hot dog on a gluten free hamburger bun...the entire thing! I was stuffed afterward though. We then went over to the hospital for our last baby class. We had the breastfeeding class last night. We learned a lot of information in a short amount of time. Luckily the lactation consultants are available while we're in the hospital with the baby and will go over most of the information again. Justin and I learned a lot though!!

1 comment:

Perfectly Jenn said...

Eek! It's getting so close and I'm just in shock that they're even "thinking" he/she could come early!
Hold out Squishy and wait for Daddy, aunt Kathryn & Auntie Fer to come back!!