Friday, July 27, 2012

Wilburn/Usrey Baby Shower

Today I'm going to share the pictures my Mom took from last Saturday's Baby Shower put on by my Aunt Casy and Grandmother, Nana!! This shower was for both sides of my family. We all had a great time and enjoyed games and baby stories. Like the last shower, I'm going to post the pictures and comment on them as we go.

The invitation to the baby shower.

Flash cards hung around the kitchen as decoration. (Casy is a teacher so this was right up her alley!!)

The cute diaper centerpiece on the kitchen table.

Casy, Nana, and Becca in the kitchen.

Cute foam letters for decoration on the food counter!

The gift table.

Jane, Nikole, Danni, Katanna, and Lilly

Enjoying everyone's company! (I had gotten hot before getting there and was trying to cool off.)

The punch - Yum!!

Nikole - embarrassed her Mom is hugging her? I'm not sure - she's in high school so there's no telling. :)

Nana made lemon bars (on the left) and homemade banana bread filled with pineapples and cream cheese (on the right). MmMmMmMm!! The banana bread was my favorite!!

The diaper centerpiece

Casy had everyone take a dollar and circle the letters to spell out "Boy Shields" or "Girl Shields" as a guess for what we're having. Then everyone put their dollar on the corresponding hook to vote. It came out to 6 for boy, 4 for girl. Another shower where the majority guessed boy!!

My belly in the corner with everyone else in the kitchen getting goodies to eat!

Sitting in the chair talking to everyone.

Another activity Casy had everyone do - she put together a scrap book with each letter of the alphabet represented on it's own page. Everyone got to pick what letter they wanted and draw something that started with that letter. Then at the bottom, they wrote what the picture was and signed their name. It was a lot of fun and now we have a homemade alphabet book to read to the baby!! This is Sherry drawing all 8 dogs in the family for the letter D. :)

Jane and Nana

Opening gifts and my feet don't touch the floor. Haha!!

Cute outfits from Danni and Jane


Winnie the Pooh hooded towel from Mamaw

Johnson's Vapor Bath Soap from Mamaw


Cute card from Katanna letting me know her gift for us was in her car because it was too big to carry in. Her and Terry, along with her daughter, Ashley's, family bought us our travel system!! It includes the baby carrier, car seat base, and stroller. Yea!!


Nana and Pappy got us a diaper bag




My Mom and Dad made us a Q for the alphabet wall in the nursery.

As well as a X!!

Mom also got us a couple alphabet picture books to read to the baby.

There were many more gifts after this, but Mom's camera battery died. :( Thank you to all of my amazing family for loving our little baby as much as we do before he/she is even with us. We continue to be overwhelmed by all the love and support everyone continues to give us. Thanks also to Casy and Nana for the fun shower!! You girls did a great job!!


This Saturday we have another baby shower put on by one of my really good friends, Samantha, and her Mom, Carol. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my Watson work buddies as well as some of Justin's friends wives. Samantha has a theme of sweet treats for this shower so I know she's come up with some fun stuff...she's a great party thrower too!! So check back next week for more pictures of another fun baby shower!!

Saturday and Sunday Justin will be painting the nursery. We've invited over some family and friends to help him out since the doctor has said NO to me painting. I'll have to find something to occupy me so I don't get in trouble being in the room. :)

Tonight Justin and I plan to have a relaxing evening on the couch watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics. We've had a busy week, so it's much needed before another busy weekend. We're both really excited about the Olympics this year. It works out well for me to be able to watch a lot of it since I'm off work and have been told to rest more. I'm really looking forward to diving, synchronized swimming, trampoline, and gymnastics!! I'm sure there will be some Olympic posts in the future!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Perfectly Jenn said...

Looks like a fun shower and such amazing gifts!!
Can't wait to see pics of Samantha's shower!