Last night I wanted to go see fireworks in Addison. I love watching fireworks there choreographed to music and it has been a couple years since I've gone to watch them. I have read from 2 different articles that Addison has one of the top firework shows in the country. In one article it was #9 out of 10 and in the other it was #3 out of 5. That's pretty crazy for the entire nation and all the firework shows that take place over the Independence holiday!!!
So some of Justin's family was going to go watch fireworks in Addison in different locations last night. Justin already had plans with some of his work buddies for the evening since they were off work today, so he was unable to go with me. My Mother-in-law, Sherry, invited me to go with them so I decided to go make a night of it. Justin's cousin, Rachel's, fiancé, Adam, is a flight instructor through a flight school based out of Addison. His company had a get together at their hanger at the Addison Airport (which all the evening's activities were based from) and he invited us to go. It was a lot of fun. There was a pot luck for dinner with lots of great food, followed by the Air Show, followed by fireworks after dark. We all had a great time!!
A look at some of the airplanes in the hanger.
Sherry looking through the desserts at the food table.
Looking from the back of the hanger outside.
Sitting outside the hanger watching planes taxi down the runway for the Air Show.
One of the planes in the Air Show.
Jan Colmer at the Air Show. My Dad got to fly with him at the Alliance Air Show last year.
Jan Colmer again.
And another of Jan Colmer.
Almost missed the formation of planes flying by. (Guess I was talking too much!!)
After it got dark, they had a plane do a night time routine. It was really cool. I have been to a couple Air Shows before, but have never seen them do anything at night. This plane had all kinds of lights over it with some blinking ones on the bottom. It was really cool seeing it do flips and the lights light up the smoke.
After the night time Air Show, they had some people out in some type of hang glider type device that had an engine on it. They flew around with sparklers coming out of the back and then shot fireworks off them. They were entertaining to watch. We were worried their glider would catch fire with all the sparklers and fireworks.
After that, it was dark enough for fireworks. We were in a great location to watch the fireworks, but didn't have any way to listen to the radio to watch them choreographed to the music. Even not hearing the music go along with them, it was fun watching all the different kinds.
When the fireworks were over, the sweeper trucks quickly came out to sweep up all the ash and embers from the airport grounds. They were still sweeping when we left!! Having amazing seats right at all the action is great during all the shows...however, it's not so great when it's time to leave since you're in the center of all the action. I think it took us about an hour to get back to Carl and Sherry's house, which is only about 10-15 minutes away from the airport.
Overall it was a great night and I really wished Justin could have joined in for the fun. He would have enjoyed it. I had a fun time hanging out with his family though. It had been a while since I had seen some of them. Carl and Sherry (my in-laws), Amber (a cousin), Tim and Kay (an uncle and aunt), Rachael and Adam (a cousin and her fiancé), and Rachael's friend Katie and her fiancé were all there. Hopefully we'll all get to do it again next year!! And with a little one running around!! Squishy did surprisingly well with the booms of the fireworks this year. I thought there would be a lot of kicking and tightening, but there really wasn't much. Guess I was hydrated enough to keep him/her happy last night!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment