Before I share the main part of today's post, I thought I'd share a couple pictures I took yesterday during the day while I was out and about.
A new dress given to me by my Mother-in-law, Sherry, and Sister-in-law, Jenn. AND yes, those are Christmas ornaments in the background. Really, Hobby Lobby? It's July...you've completely bypassed Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving!!
On the way to pick Justin up from work for us to go to the doctor, I passed this truck. That's a huge bison head in the bed. It felt like it looked at you when you drove past!!
Yesterday afternoon we had our 35 week check up on Squishy. All went well...just like we like for it to!! Heartbeat is VERY strong, Justin said it's the loudest he remembers hearing it. The baby kept moving around away from the monitor though. I told the nurse it was like a game we seem to play every time we come in!! Belly is measuring at 35 1/2 weeks...right on track since we were 35 weeks and 1 day yesterday. Squishy has moved to head down now. Yesterday the back was on my left side with feet on the right. This morning though, the back was on the right side with feet on the left. Our doctor said there will come a point where he/she will pick one side or the other and stay that way. We're just thankful head is down and we're not having to deal with a breech baby!! We were able to ask some questions we had from the first half of our childbirth class. She was thrilled we were showing interest in some of the topics. I had some 3rd trimester labs drawn today...nothing major, just things that are mandated by law to be tested at this stage. Yesterday I had a culture done to check for Group B Strep...also not a big deal. It's a bacteria some women carry and if it shows up positive, I'll just have to take some antibiotics during delivery so the baby doesn't get sick. We are now on weekly visits until our little one decides to join us so there will be more frequent updates on how everything is going!!
After the doctor appointment, we grabbed dinner then headed to the hospital for our Basics of Baby Care class. We were given a fake baby...ours was named Diana Hospital. We also had a blanket and bag of supplies we worked with during the class.
Justin and I had a fun time during this class. We learned the proper way to change a diaper, give a bath, swaddle, take a temperature, comfort a crying baby, and what to expect to happen with the baby after delivery and through our stay at the hospital. Justin had fun playing with the baby during breaks.
He had the baby's arms and legs all turned the wrong way as well as the head. Another Dad walked by and got a good laugh out of it. He went back to his significant other and was showing her what Justin had done with our baby. Haha!!
He also decided to use one of our washcloths and tie it on our baby's head like a bandana!! We both got tickled and he did it during class, so I had to take a picture of him with it.
He did a great job in the class. The instructor really pushed for the Dads to do most of the activities and I'm really proud of all Justin learned. I know it will be completely different when we have a soft baby that moves around and it may take both of us to get through that first bath...but we are both really looking forward to it. I'm so proud of him and all he's been learning in these classes and how excited it is making him to meet our baby soon. He's going to be a great Dad!!
1 comment:
I'm so excited to see my big brother as a Dad! I can't even explain the emotions I have about it. I love seeing your updates and how involved he is. I didn't think he would be any different but it's just fun to see.
I think squishy would look great in a bandana!
Post a Comment