This is a long post...SORRY!! I'm doing good and getting the hang of blogging better though because I remember to take pictures of things I do!! I told my Mom I would keep track of everything I did while she was gone to American Samoa this week since we didn't get to talk and she didn't want to miss out. :)
Monday:
Monday:
I took Mollie to get her nails cut. The dogs were out of bones so I bought some more while I was at Petsmart. She found the bag when we got back in the car on the way home and cried until I gave her one. She started eating it before we got out of the parking lot.
It was hot out and I hadn't had lunch yet so I stopped by Bahama Bucks to get a fresh squeezed lemonade. YuMmMmMmMm!!!!
After that I stopped by Sonic before taking Mollie back home. She was hot and thirsty after eating her bone so she got a water.
She had a fun time out even though it was hot.
I took Mollie back home before I ran to Wal-Mart to take some things back. I decided to stop in next door at Goodwill while I was out to see if any new letters had come in. I got 2 more!!
We already have a L, but I think I like this one better.
Didn't have a U, but will probably re-do this one.
Our evening was spent watching the Home Run Derby. I was fascinated by the fountains and loved the whole scene where the police officer caught the ball and the drunk guy fell out of the stands behind him. Haha!!
Tuesday:
I woke up early to spend some time with my Dad. He dropped his truck off at the mechanic to have some work done on it and I picked him up so he didn't have to sit there and wait on it. We did a little bit of running around until it was lunch time.
We ate lunch at Twisted Root in Richardson. If you've never been there, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's been a favorite of ours for a while now. The restaurant has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on Food Network with Guy Fieri. Check out the link to their website on their name above to learn more about it and to find one closest to you to try!! This was the first time I've been since they got gluten free bread so my burger today was even more amazing than usual!! I had already eaten all my food when I realized I forgot to take a picture of it.
After lunch we went back to my Dad's house to wait on his truck to get finished. He got a call from work later in the afternoon to go in to work that night, so we went and picked up his truck so he could get to work in time. After I dropped him off, I stopped across the street to get a chocolate M&M mix from Braum's. By the time I got home and updated this post, this is all that was left:
We ate lunch at Twisted Root in Richardson. If you've never been there, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's been a favorite of ours for a while now. The restaurant has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on Food Network with Guy Fieri. Check out the link to their website on their name above to learn more about it and to find one closest to you to try!! This was the first time I've been since they got gluten free bread so my burger today was even more amazing than usual!! I had already eaten all my food when I realized I forgot to take a picture of it.
After lunch we went back to my Dad's house to wait on his truck to get finished. He got a call from work later in the afternoon to go in to work that night, so we went and picked up his truck so he could get to work in time. After I dropped him off, I stopped across the street to get a chocolate M&M mix from Braum's. By the time I got home and updated this post, this is all that was left:
I came home to quite a few packages on the porch. I figured Justin had ordered something off Amazon. After he said he hadn't ordered anything, I looked closer and the shipping labels had my name on them. I hadn't ordered anything either, so it was a pleasant surprise when I opened up all 3 boxes to baby gifts. I like coming home to surprises like that!! Thanks to Tom and Cindy and Jerry and Cindy (different Cindy) for your thoughtfulness!! Can't wait to use all the items in just a little over a month. (We have GOT to get moving on getting the nursery together!! Oh my!!)
Our evening was going to be spent watching the All Star Game. I decided to work in the baby's room for a little bit at the beginning of the game and Justin decided to finish putting in our new dishwasher at the beginning of the game. We both got carried away and didn't sit down to actually watch the game until the middle of the 9th inning...which it turns out was ok seeing as the score was 8 to 0. We were both glad we were productive instead of wasting our time watching the baseball game.
Wednesday:
I had hoped to go to a breastfeeding support group through our Pediatrician on Wednesday around lunch time. Earlier in the week I had called and left the lactation consultant a message on her voicemail to get more details, but never heard back from her. Hopefully I'll be able to go on another Wednesday before the baby comes.
I decided to spend some time with my Mamaw since I didn't have any plans. I went over to her house to hang out and have lunch with her. We ate at Jason's Deli. I got the salad bar and it was one of the best things I've eaten in quite a while. I really haven't had much of an appetite and not many foods taste very good, so I was really happy.
Wednesday night a representative from Empire flooring came out to give us some information on new flooring for our house. We were shocked at the cost of just carpeting the entire house!! We are going to have to do some major thinking and consider all our options before we make a decision on what to do.
I had hoped to go to a breastfeeding support group through our Pediatrician on Wednesday around lunch time. Earlier in the week I had called and left the lactation consultant a message on her voicemail to get more details, but never heard back from her. Hopefully I'll be able to go on another Wednesday before the baby comes.
I decided to spend some time with my Mamaw since I didn't have any plans. I went over to her house to hang out and have lunch with her. We ate at Jason's Deli. I got the salad bar and it was one of the best things I've eaten in quite a while. I really haven't had much of an appetite and not many foods taste very good, so I was really happy.
The baby must have liked what I ate for lunch too because little Squishy kicked the ENTIRE time I ate!!
After lunch we went back to my Grandma's house and talked some more. I had a really great time with her. She told me about growing up having to grow and raise all the food yourself and how different it was compared to buying everything from a grocery store now. We talked about her meeting my Papaw and them moving to Dallas. She has lived in her house for 56 years!!! I just love sitting and listening to her talk about what life was like for her all those years ago. She said it was such a simpler time and they had so many less worries back then. I'd love to be able to go back and live in that time, even if for just a week to see what it was like. She said she was born in 1928 and wonders how different life would have been during the early 1900's just 28 years before. I was born in 1983 and am in amazement at how completely different life was in 1928!!!!
Her stories got interrupted by police activity across the street from her house. We had a good time watching all the police come out and the crisis intervention people. We sat at the window watching and she told me about everything that has happened at the house across the street lately. Never found out what was happening over there, but it was very entertaining watching it all and talking about what it could be. There is never a dull moment in her neighborhood!!
After I got home I made dinner so it would be ready when Justin got home from work. We had tater tot casserole:
Thursday:
I actually got rested last night!!! I have been waking up frequently with back and hip pain...just all a part of the baby growing and getting bigger. There have been multiple mornings this week I've gotten up to go to the bathroom and can't go back to sleep due to being uncomfortable. I've been on the couch watching the news when Justin gets up for work, and he'll be the first to tell you that is not like me at all. I'm one that very much values my sleep and will sleep any chance I get. An alarm on my phone woke me up at 10AM though and I was shocked I had slept so long!! I feel good today, so I guess I needed the rest.
After getting up I got out of the house for a little bit. I ate lunch and stopped by Barnes and Noble. I found a gift card that had a little bit of money left on it, so I went by to see if I could find a baby book I like. I registered for one and I've been looking around for one, but haven't found one I'm completely sold on yet. I found one there I liked that is more a journal than scrapbook for pictures and I think I like it the best so far. We do so much digital at our house now, I don't see me keeping up with printing out pictures for a scrapbook very well.
After Barnes and Noble, I went by Home Depot to get some color samples of paint for the baby's room. I'm still not 100% sure what colors I want to use, but I know time is running out and I've got to make a decision soon. I got quite a few samples to look through, so hopefully that will help me decide.
I then met my friend, Samantha, and her little girl, Madilyn, for frozen yogurt at Yogurtland and spent some time hanging out with them. I got the Mango Pina Colada flavored yogurt (mango, pineapple, and coconut) with mango and kiwi added in.
I actually got rested last night!!! I have been waking up frequently with back and hip pain...just all a part of the baby growing and getting bigger. There have been multiple mornings this week I've gotten up to go to the bathroom and can't go back to sleep due to being uncomfortable. I've been on the couch watching the news when Justin gets up for work, and he'll be the first to tell you that is not like me at all. I'm one that very much values my sleep and will sleep any chance I get. An alarm on my phone woke me up at 10AM though and I was shocked I had slept so long!! I feel good today, so I guess I needed the rest.
After getting up I got out of the house for a little bit. I ate lunch and stopped by Barnes and Noble. I found a gift card that had a little bit of money left on it, so I went by to see if I could find a baby book I like. I registered for one and I've been looking around for one, but haven't found one I'm completely sold on yet. I found one there I liked that is more a journal than scrapbook for pictures and I think I like it the best so far. We do so much digital at our house now, I don't see me keeping up with printing out pictures for a scrapbook very well.
After Barnes and Noble, I went by Home Depot to get some color samples of paint for the baby's room. I'm still not 100% sure what colors I want to use, but I know time is running out and I've got to make a decision soon. I got quite a few samples to look through, so hopefully that will help me decide.
I then met my friend, Samantha, and her little girl, Madilyn, for frozen yogurt at Yogurtland and spent some time hanging out with them. I got the Mango Pina Colada flavored yogurt (mango, pineapple, and coconut) with mango and kiwi added in.
It was really good!!
I came home and spent the afternoon relaxing and finishing up cleaning the baby's room. Overall it was a productive and relaxing day.
Friday:
Today I was going to have lunch with my aunt, Cindy. She's one of my sushi eating buddies and she wanted to get another lunch in before Squishy comes. She wasn't feeling well today though so we postponed our lunch date for another time.
Instead, I had a productive day getting things knocked off my to do list.
Not sure what we'll be doing tonight, but I'm sure Justin will find something fun for us to do. :)
This weekend's plans:
Saturday I have a baby shower put on by my sister-in-law, Jenn, and one of Justin's cousins, Linsey. This baby shower is for both sides of Justin's family so there will be lots of great ladies there. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone and celebrating our little Squishy together. Jenn has been working on decorations for the party for quite a while, so I'm really excited to see what all she has come up with!! I'll have pictures to share next week. For now, here is a picture of the invitation:
Sunday Justin and I take the first half of our childbirth class. I'm looking forward to it...I think it will be fun. I'm glad we've made it to the class. Justin wanted to wait until as late as possible to the due date so we wouldn't forget anything from the classes. I have to admit I was a little worried that if the baby came early and we didn't get to go to class, we be anxious on what to do. It's a relief we made it!!
Hope everyone has a fun weekend!!

1 comment:
I personally Loved reading about your week..... Monday with Mollie was soooooo darn cute! From her whining for a bone to her water she got at Sonic, that was cuteness all around!! How lucky is Mollie to hang out with her Mommy. And your Bahama Bucks lemonade looked awesome! Yummy!! Love your 'L' and 'U' you found. You & your Dad must have been having a great time at Twisted Root! I love Guy Fieri & his DD&D's show. Everytime I watch him I want to visit where he's eating. Now with your good review on it I have even more of a reason to go eat there. Let's go now, ok? Love the pic of your 'empty' cup from Braums, so much for a pic of that one too :o) Can't wait to help with Squishy's room, see the paint samples & jump right in!! What a great story about spending time with your Mamaw, so sweet. Having a salad (& a good one you said!) with your Mamaw, with Squishy kicking the ENTIRE time, I bet Squishy got the vibe from you to enjoy the salad too. I wish I had been there to feel all those kicks :o) I need a Tater Tot casserole recipe, can I get yours? Friday night was fun at Honey's, right? Good ol'skettie&meatballs!! And Saturday's baby shower turned out wonderful! Jenn & Linsey did an outstanding job! Missed your Mom, wish she could have been there. I know I had a great time & everyone I talked to or heard from had a great time, good family on both sides made it so much fun. Love you Leslie, Justin & Squishy!!! Thanks for keeping us updated on here, it's wonderful to get the details of pre-baby life.....& truly looking forward to the after baby details too...... Yay!! :o)
Can't wait to hear all about the Sunday class & what all you learned, & what Justin learns too :o)
Post a Comment