I don't have anything to update on any recent happenings, so I thought today I would share a few things I've learned about being a Mom. Granted it has taken me a good 6 months to feel comfortable being a Mom and accepting these lessons. I'm glad I've overcome these stresses and made the most of this huge responsibility!!
~Being a good Mom does not mean you have to make your own baby food, save up ridiculous amounts of milk, cover your baby with cloth diapers, or use all organic products. Children raised that way turn out just as healthy and reach developmental milestones as normally as children raised on store bought baby food, nursed as needed, covered in disposable diapers, and used non-organic products. I no longer have any guilt in taking the easy road to raise my child. In the end, you'll never be able to tell the difference between the way kids were raised in these aspects.
~Babies cry. That's a fact of life. Sometimes they need a good cry, just like we need to blow off steam from time to time. Can't say that I blame them. I can imagine that learning what the world has to offer can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time. Without words or motion its got to be hard to express those feelings!
~You can never hold your baby too much. I know people say you'll spoil a child by holding him/her too much. So what? I decided to have kids to love on them, not to have them sit across the room staring at me. They grow up too fast to worry about spoiling them. I say love on them every chance you get. Life is too short to worry about where the baby will go while you eat or take a shower. Let them experience life by your side and know they are loved!!
~Just accept the fact that your wants are no longer a priority. Your child's needs quickly take that place. Sure, I'd love to spend all day reading a good book. That will not raise my baby though. Ok, so it takes me 2 months to get through a book I would normally read in a week. I have a cute little smile to make up for all that extra time, so its worth it!!
~You know what's best for your baby. Don't question your decisions when others pressure you or question you. You know what's best for your baby. You spend the most time with him/her after all!!
I've learned much more than these 5 things. I just don't have the time to write about more of them today. Maybe I'll share more on another day I don't have anything to write about. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment