Wednesday, July 24, 2013

July 23rd

Tuesday morning Alyson and I had a good breakfast. 
It amazes me how she's not even one and she knows the difference between the marshmallows and cereal...and actually prefers the marshmallows over the cereal like everyone I know. She could even tell when I was trying to trick her into eating the cereal. :)

After breakfast we stopped by the post office to drop off some mail on our way to meet our pastors wife, Lisa, and her kiddos at their community pool. They were running a little late so Alyson and I played with her Cheerios while we waited. She kept feeding them to me. 
Being a Mom means eating Cheerios even when you don't want them...all because this sweet girl wants to share them with you and feed them to you. :)
She remembered how Daddy put them between her toes on Sunday and how she had to get them out to eat them. She must have enjoyed it because she was trying to put them between her toes before she ate them. Haha!!
We had a really fun time at the pool. I think this was the most fun I've seen Alyson have at a pool so far! She enjoyed walking around a step along the edge of the pool, playing with the water that shot up in the kiddy area, kicking on her own, and playing with Hadley and John Caleb. We only lasted about an hour though before she started getting pretty fussy needing a nap. We ended up having to leave to head home and she was asleep
before we got out of the neighborhood. I took advantage of that and dropped some things off at Goodwill that I cleaned out of my closet on Monday. 

When we got home and she woke up, I decided to hang up some of the artwork and photos we had sitting around the house that needed to go up. Alyson helped me by kissing the picture of herself over and over. :)
Sweet girl!! We got a lot accomplished with decorating our walls. I think it turned out pretty well too. 

For dinner I made french bread meatball mozzarella sandwiches. I meant to take a photo, but I was really hungry and ate it all before I remembered that. 

We had a great day!! After Monday and Tuesday and actually getting some stuff accomplished around the house with Alyson, I could get used to this stay at home Mom thing...maybe!!

Tomorrow I have another nursing conference all day that I'm looking forward to. I'll get to see some of the other nurses I work with, so it will be nice to catch up with them and find out how their summer has been!!

No comments: