Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 17th

Wednesday we had plans with some of Justin's cousins and my SIL. We all ended up going to have lunch with Justin at Twisted Root in Deep Ellum. It was all of their first time to go there, so it was fun. I had a hot dog that had mushrooms and swiss cheese on it. Yummm!! I took Justin back to work after we were finished eating, then us girls went shopping. Emma and Shelby, Justin's cousins; Jenn, Justin's sister; Alyson and me had a great afternoon hanging out together. When we left Twisted Root, we stopped by a quirky antique store on the next street over called B4. Emma made a friend while there.
After the antique store, we went to a Vintage shop called The Dolly Python. Jenn and I had gone there before when Alyson was around a month old. We remembered it being a fun place that had sooo much weird stuff to see. Emma and Shelby loved it too! Jenn and I found some glasses...we ended up not buying them because we couldn't see out of them. (Just kidding!) ;)
Emma found her a prosthetic leg!
I ended up buying what I thought was a medicine bottle with embalming fluid in it. When I got home and started looking at it more closely, I realized it was a drink of some kind from the 70s. I was a little bummed that it wasn't embalming fluid to add to my old medicine collection, but it's still a cool bottle.
After The Dolly Python, we went over to a furniture thrift store we had passed on the way. There was so much furniture crammed into it, we had a hard time walking through it all. And there was no air in the building so we were pretty hot when we left. We ended up going over to Target to cool off for a little bit. Alyson was our entertainment while in there. Silly girl.
 After walking around there for a while, we decided we needed a snack and a drink. They hadn't been to one of the cupcake places close by, so I took them over to Trailercakes. I ended up not even getting a cupcake. Haha!! I got 2 cakeballs that were amazing!! One was white chocolate coconut and the other was lemon. Alyson thoroughly enjoyed the lemon one!
We were all exhausted after an afternoon of shopping, so we all went home. Alyson and I came home and napped for a while until Justin got home. When he went to band practice at church, Alyson and I went to the grocery store. We all got back home and hung out for a little while before going to bed. 

We are headed to the Dallas Zoo this morning with Emma and Shelby. Hoping it won't be too hot or too crowded since it's Dollar Day. This will be Alyson's first time at the zoo, so I'm sure there will be lots of photos to come!!

No comments: