Friday morning we woke up and played with Alyson and Cheerios. Haha!! She would eat one, then feed one to whoever was holding her. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast and they were good!! I hadn’t made cinnamon rolls in a long time.
After breakfast, Justin, Alyson, and I loaded up in Justin’s truck to do some sightseeing. We drove back to Galveston all the way down Seawall until we reached the end of the island. It was fun...I saw some stuff I have either never seen or don’t remember it at all. Around lunchtime when we started getting hungry, we went to Willie G’s to get Justin a steak for his birthday. Since we were around some nicer restaurants, we went ahead and celebrated with a nice lunch a day early. :) Justin had a steak, I had Shrimp Sliders, and Alyson ate my onion strings.
After lunch, we went next door to the restaurant to tour the ship Elissa. Justin is really into ships right now with some books he has been reading, so I thought that would be something fun for us to do. When he got to Galveston and I showed him the brochure he was excited about it and wanted to go. There were a lot of cool things to see on board the ship. Unfortunately it was undergoing a deck renovation, so a lot of it was closed to the public due to that. We were able to go below deck though and got to see the Captain’s and Crew’s quarters. That was really neat. It was amazing how small the beds were. Alyson got pretty hot below deck so while Justin spent a little more time looking through everything, we went back above deck and found a breeze in the shade and she watched the birds. (Which I have found out is one of her favorite things to do!)
After all our exploring on The Elissa, we went into the Texas Seaport Museum. Alyson was starting to get really fussy. I took her to the restroom to check her diaper and ended up having to feed her. She fell asleep after that. By the time I got her asleep, Justin had looked through the museum and we were both exhausted from the heat. There was some other stuff we wanted to do in the area, but we were so worn out we decided to stop by Sonic for a drink and make our way back to the house.
On the way back we took a ride through the town of Jamaica Beach. There were some pretty houses there. We also found a street sign that had the name of one of our friends. We thought that was kind of cool, so Justin took a photo and sent it to him.
When we got back to the house, we all sat around talking. Alyson woke up from her nap and we played for a long time on the floor. We had pizza for dinner then went over to the beach to feed the birds some bread we had collected from some of our meals over the week. Alyson really loved watching them eat the bread we threw up for them. They really freaked me out because they got so close to you and actually made eye contact. It was all a little too creepy, so Justin took over and had fun seeing how big of a piece they would actually catch. :) Later that night when I was lying in bed going to sleep, I thought back to the birds and realized I shouldn't have been afraid of the situation. God sent me to provide those birds their meal...maybe it was the only food of the day for some of them. I should have counted it as a blessing and enjoyed looking into the eyes of those beautiful creations. We learn something new in every situation!! I know if God provides for those birds, He will provide for me as well!!
Alyson went to bed when we got back to the house. (We must really be wearing her out with all this excitement every day because she has been sleeping soooo much!!) We played a quick game of Farkle and ate warm cookies out of the oven with milk while the Ranger game was on. (We WON!!)


No comments:
Post a Comment