The students have left, my reports have all been turned in, and my clinic is put away and ready for summer!! All I'm waiting on now is time. I get off today at 3 and come in tomorrow to go through check out (turning in keys) until we're given the all clear to go home. Summer is soooo close!! I thought I would share some numbers to give you an appreciation for how hard I have worked this year. ;)
Our average enrollment for the year ~ 1,937 students
Clinic visits for the year ~ 4,148 visits
Total minutes students were seen in the clinic ~ 48,289 minutes (That's almost 805 HOURS I spent taking care of kids!!!)
Medication administered ~ 2,071 medications
Vision tested ~ 382 vision tests
Hearing tested ~ 316 hearing tests
This is just a small glimpse of what I do each day. It does not take into account any of the work I do on keeping health problems/needs updated, immunizations current, planning and meetings for students in our special education department, helping to identifying students that may need some extra help in the classroom, staff visits, medical and dental referrals, student and staff health education, among many, many more things!
I'm not sharing all of this to toot my own horn. I tell you all of this to show you that school nurses do more than just give out bandaids and ice. For some students, we are the only source of healthcare they receive.
So as another successful year comes to a close, I am very much looking forward to a desperately needed break for summer!! If anyone would like to go swimming with Alyson and me or you hear of fun activities for babies, let me know!!
2 comments:
We're going to have to show Alyson the finer points of eating sushi soon!!!!
I'm very proud of you and what you do :) I want to go swimming
Post a Comment