Yesterday morning we left Dallas to come to Galveston. Alyson did a great job being in the car all day. I know she was worn out from all the driving. We stopped at Buc-ee's in Madisonville, TX on the way.
I actually saw 2 ladies I work with there that were headed to Houston to visit some friends!!
Alyson found her a little Buc-ee she wanted and she carried it all over the store while we were there. She chewed on it so much we were able to wring out slobber when we got to the car! She loves her new friend. :)
Since she had been sitting for so long, I put her shoes on her so she could stand up to stretch her legs.
Have a Willie nice day!!
Thanks to all of our military and their families for their service!!
Lunch was a 5 cheese grilled cheese from Buc-ee's. Yum!!
We got back on the road and made it to Galveston safely!!
Pleasure Pier
We stopped at Academy because it was a little early for us to check into the house. Alyson was happy to get out of the car for a while.
We then went to the house to drop off all of our stuff and stretch out for a little while.
When we started getting hungry, we went back out to have dinner and pick up groceries for the week.
The ocean from the car
Alyson and I played while we drove again.
We ate dinner at The Original, a Mexican food restaurant.
I laughed really hard when we were checking out at Walmart. We had filled a shopping cart with groceries for the week so we could just cook at the house. The boy that was our cashier asked my Mom if we were doing our monthly grocery shopping. She told him no, that we were here from Dallas for the week and rented a house. He was quiet for a while and looked over at me and asked how many of us there were. Hahaha!!! I guess we bought a lot of food. :)











No comments:
Post a Comment