Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Being an Adult

Monday I spent the day working on adult things. Not too fun, but I needed to get it done so its not hanging over my head while Alyson and I play this summer. :)

I put Alyson in her highchair while I got all the dishes put where they needed to go and cleaned up the kitchen. She played and we ate breakfast while we did that. 

Next we started on laundry, which was a MUST because everything all of us own was dirty. We worked on laundry all day and didn't finish, but we put a good dent in it. 

We played in Alyson's room. She jumped in the jumper for an hour! She loves that thing. 

After I took her out of the jumper she thought she was running away from me down the hall. She went into the bathroom on her own and started a game of peek a boo. It was really cute. Here she is peeking out at me:

After playing so much, it was time for a nap. I planned to shower and vacuum while Alyson took a nap, but I fell asleep rocking her and we both slept for 3 hours. Oh well. I have all summer to get the other stuff done. She's growing up too fast to let moments like that pass by. I know there will come a day where she won't want to lay with me to nap. 

When Justin got home I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I don't know if it was because I was hungry, but it was probably one of the best I've made us. Alyson enjoyed eating all of it as well. Her favorite was the meatballs and toast. :) 

She jumped in the jumper again for a long time and we played some more before settling down for the night. I tried to read her some Bible stories before bed, but she was more interested in turning the pages and flipping through the book so we did that instead. :) The perfect end to a relaxing day at home. 
 
 

No comments: