Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Funnies

At work on Tuesday I was cleaning out my hard drive on my computer. I came across a couple poems I had to write while I was at the Elementary school about an embarrassing story. I shared them on my very first post for this blog on July 7, 2010. They made me laugh and I looked back on some of my first posts, which also made me laugh. It's fun to reminisce sometimes!! Anyway, I have picked up a few new readers along the way so I thought I would share 2 of my embarrassing stories with you in poem form. :) Each of them is 100% true....enjoy!!


Petsmart 

I have two dogs and they love to go out
“Let’s go to PetSmart”, I gave them a shout
I loaded them up and got in the car
Their heads out the window, they hoped to go far

We pull up at the store, they start to go wild
This is somewhere they hadn’t been in a while
My first mistake was going without help
To deal with the dogs when they start to yelp

We get in the store, I put the small dog in the basket
She’s not happy and making a racket
I tie the big dogs leash to the handle
To try to control him as we amble

My small dog is still crying and whining
So I put her down and she begins shining
Everything is running smoothly
We get on the toy aisle and both begin drooling

The small dog decides she needs to go to the next aisle
So under the row she crawls for a while
She’s now on the aisle next to me
I don’t know how to get her back so I plead

She does not listen, she does not care
I let the leash go and run around with a glare
Pick her up, go back to my cart
It’s no where to be found, that was smart

I let it go to get the small dog
Forgetting that it was tied to a hog
My big dog has taken off dragging it behind
When I realize what’s happened there is a line

People are running to get out of the way
Of my dog and the cart wandering astray
One end cap, no two, now three destroyed
I want to lie down and pass into the void

I can’t find him, he’s out to roam
I decide to just leave him there and go home
As I walk to the door the announcement is heard
“Will the person with the dog tied to the cart please return?”

To the front of the store I go with my head held low
Take my dog and leave before they can bestow
All the destruction he wrecked upon their store
Needless to say, he goes with me no more

-----------------------------------------------------

Dog Door


It happened but only a few years ago
The day that really bruised my ego
I came home to play with my two furry friends
And ended up never being the same again

I went in the backyard to enjoy the sun
After a while I decided I’d had enough fun
Pushing the handle to get back in the house
Was the moment I realized I’d been locked out

Reaching in my pocket to pull out my phone
Is when I see it sitting on the counter (inside) alone
No neighbors are home for me to try and call
My husband at work before I begin to bawl

I go back to my house to figure out what to do
I see my dogs inside, count them one and two
“How did they get in?” I ponder
And then it comes to me with wonder

Their dog door is flapping in the wind
This may be my ticket in
Our biggest dog is 120 pounds
I no longer need to be down

This dog can’t be much bigger than me
I’m looking through the door down on my knee
I put in one arm, my shoulders are through
If my neighbors could see me, oh what a view

Now to my hips, I realize I’m stuck
Claustrophobia sets in, oh what luck
(For those that don’t know this
I’m HIGHLY claustrophobic)

Everything goes black, I don’t recognize this place
I wake up to my little dog licking my face
That’s right, I passed out with the door around my waist
I hurried and backed out of that dog door in a haste

I decided to give up on getting in
Sweating and pale, I thought this was the end
Went to the front door to wait for my husband
He laughed and laughed when he heard my conundrum

I now find it funny, this story it’s true
At the time it was something that really made me blue
Laugh, laugh, laugh all you want
Embarrassing stories forever will haunt

No comments: