Friday, June 14, 2013

Just Another Day!

Thursday morning, Alyson woke up wanting to start the day around 6AM. We went to the couch to watch cartoons for a little bit. Here she is watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse:

We also watched Chuggington and Octonauts. I have had the Creature Report song from Octonauts and the Hot Dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse stuck in my head ALL WEEK LONG!! Another perk of being a Mom. Haha!! I like the shows for her on Disney Junior much better than the shows on Nick Junior. I think they are more educational and appropriate. I'm beginning to understand why some shows were off limits to us when we were growing up, Mom!! ;)

Once lunchtime rolled around we were dressed and ready to take my Dad some lunch. We stopped by Baker's on our way over and picked up some BBQ sandwiches. They were really good!! I hadn't eaten there in a while. My Dad seems to be doing better than he was when we started out over there Tuesday. He's still pretty sore and slow moving, but he looked much better today. The hardest part for him is not being able to play with Alyson. He has been holding her while she's asleep, but she's just too wiggly when she's awake. Haha!!

Alyson spent the day driving her little car around the house again in between napping. Today she learned how to open a drawer on his side table. She kept opening it, digging around inside. Little stinker! 

On our way home we stopped and picked up dinner at Taco Casa. Alyson enjoys sharing my tacos from there. She says Mmmm quite a bit when we eat there. So sweet.

Justin played with Alyson while I vacuumed the house after dinner. My intent was to just vacuum the living room, but I got carried away and ended up vacuuming everything. Makes me feel good to have all that done though. When I was finished with vacuuming, I put Alyson in the bath. We FaceTime'd with my Dad for a few minutes and my SIL, Jenn, while Alyson was playing. Jenn got a good laugh when Alyson turned the sprayer around and sprayed water everywhere, including me! 

After her bath she was tired, so I put her to bed. Justin and I then finished the movie Lincoln that we've had from Netflix for 2 months. I really enjoyed it. I wish I remembered more about that time in history...I probably would have caught more and it have made more sense. I recommend it though if you're looking for a serious movie!
 
 

No comments: