Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Taking Care of Dad

I got the news Monday afternoon that my Dad was hurt pretty bad from skydiving on Sunday. He was sent home from work to go to the doctor. His doctor told him the muscles in his lower back near his hips have been stretched and he has a couple strained and torn ligaments. The doctor gave him a note for work that says he cannot go back for at least a week (may be more like 2 weeks). He thinks the force of all his organs on his back/hips when the parachute was pulled may have caused it. The doctor says its rare for it to happen with skydiving. Luck of a Wilburn!! So, Alyson and I are gonna hang out at his house during the days until he starts being able to get around again. 

Tuesday morning we started the day by taking a trip to the recycle station at the dump. We had a lot of cardboard boxes around the house that needed to be recycled, so I loaded them up and took Alyson to her first trip to the dump! Here's what she thought about the smell...one shoe and all. Haha!!

Next we stopped and grabbed lunch to take to my Dad. Alyson ate Cheerios while we ate lunch. Then she got tickled by the Mickey pillow while I changed her diaper:

After lunch she took a nap with her Gramps because that's the only time she was still enough for him to be able to hold her. Haha!!


We played for the rest of the afternoon at my parents house until my Mom got home. After visiting for a bit, Alyson and  I headed home to cook dinner. I tried one of the new Kraft Fresh Takes with our chicken. For this flavor, you can use chicken, pork, or fish. 

This flavor was kind of spicy, but it was really good! And the instructions are sooo easy. I definitely recommend it! We plan to try some of the other flavors, so I'll let you know which ones we like!
 
For dessert I made Lemon Rice Krispie Treats. I used lemon meringue marshmallows instead of the regular ones for a change. 
They were good, but I don't think I'm completely sold on them. They were definitely different. I LOVE lemon and I thought there was a little too much lemon to them. I'll just stick with the regular next time. 

1 comment:

sherryhome76 said...

I'm so sorry to hear that news about your Dad! Please tell him he's in our prayers for quick healing!!