Monday, April 22, 2013

The weekend

Sorry I didn't post any this weekend. I've been sick....still/again. I ended up going to CareNow on Saturday and, as I suspected, I have bronchitis. Since its viral there's nothing I can take...just have to let it run its course. The doctor did prescribe some cough syrup though. I'm at least able to get some sleep at night. Just wish my throat didn't hurt so bad. I'm ready for all the sickness to be out of our house. Really glad Justin hasn't gotten sick between all Alyson and I have had too!!

Friday night we celebrated my sisters 23rd birthday. Sau planned a surprise party for her at a Jazz club/restaurant called SOHO. We had a good time and she was really surprised. 
As you can see, Alyson got sleepy later into the evening. Justin and I left earlier than everyone else to take her home for bed. On the way home, I'm pretty sure I got my first ticket EVER for running a red light. It's a long story how it happened. I didn't do it intentionally. :(

SOHO was an interesting place. The food was kind of pricey, but it was all really good. The music was great!! After dinner we noticed the table behind Justin. 
We took this photo of it while the psychic went to the restroom. That was a first for me. I've never seen all the cards and ball up close before, and certainly not in a restaurant!! Interesting...

Saturday we got up early to go have breakfast with Justin and his cousin Michael at a local restaurant called Hubbard's. I had French Toast and it was soooo good!!
Justin and Michael went to play golf after breakfast. I had to go by a couple different pharmacies to pick up prescriptions for me and Alyson. After that we stopped by my parents house for a bathroom break before I went to CareNow. 
My Mom and Dad watched Alyson for me so I didn't have to take her to a waiting room full of sick people. When I got done, I went to a bridal shower with my Mom, Sister, and Alyson for one of my high school friends. It was a cute shower with some yummy food. I was supposed to go to a concert with Justin and some friends Saturday night but I felt so bad I stayed home to rest. I hate that I missed it, but I really needed the rest. 

Sunday I didn't do anything but what Alyson wanted to do. We napped a couple times on the couch, I laid on the floor in her room while she played, and fed her when she was hungry. Taking a shower was the most energy I exerted all day. Still wasn't feeling that great on Sunday. 

So as you can see, I had some fun moments this weekend...but overall it was spent not feeling well and went way too fast. I wish I had a couple days left to take off work to stay home and recover, but I used them all on maternity leave with Alyson. Guess we have some low key evenings in our future this week!!

No comments: