Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Doctor again...

I'm ready for health to hit us in this house!! About the time I think everything is on the mend, something else comes along and knocks us down. 

I was telling you last week of all the problems Alyson and I have had since spring break. Last week the doctor gave me antibiotics for my throat. Over the weekend Alyson started getting a cough again. By this morning she was back to her runny nose and congestion too. I also noticed last night she had white patches in her mouth...which explains the itching I've been having between feedings. 

So I was able to get her in to see the doctor this afternoon. Her strep test came back negative...like mine did...thankfully!! The doctor said she just has a virus that's going to have to run its course. The thing we are praying for is that she doesn't get an ear infection out of it...that's what happened a couple weeks ago. As of now her ears look great though!! The doctor confirmed my suspicion about the white in her mouth...it's thrush. Pretty much just a yeast infection. He prescribed her some medicine for us to share so we don't keep passing it back and forth to each other when she nurses. Only down side is we will be fighting against the antibiotic I'm currently on for my throat. Fingers crossed the thrush medicine rules over the antibiotic and hopefully in a week or so we will be done with that as well. I don't know how much more of this I can take!! 1 step forward and 2 steps back...

Here are some pics of Alyson at the doctor today. She was playing with the paper on the exam table...just ripping it to shreds. 



 

As you can see she's doing a great job sitting up on her own now!! She's starting to get interested in things around the room and wanting to get to them. We'll see if she starts trying to crawl soon. She's been getting up on her knees some so it may be here before we know it. Still no teeth, but she sure can play around with some foods in her mouth until she can swallow them!! The newest thing I've noticed is separation anxiety is beginning to set in with her. When I leave a room she's in, even if she's with someone else, she starts looking around for me and fussing some. Right now she's jumping away in the jumper watching me with a big grin. That face sure can make a bad day turn around!! 

Here is the answer to yesterday's photo clue!!

A stapler!!

And here is a new clue. Are y'all enjoying this game or is it something you'd rather me stop doing?
 
 
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Considering not many are commenting I'd say you can stop. But I'm having fun with it so I wouldn't mind you keeping it going.

Anonymous said...

Ive got to figure out how to leave comments on these blogs. I type my comment then have to sign on and if it fails, I loose everything I typed....anyway, what I think I said was....
I enjoy the game. I need to logon everyday to keep up. I didnt see a new clue for today.
I enjoy reading your blogs.and especially the pictures. The one of my Punkin in the swing with Granddad Mike is awesome. I love the hair !!! That little girl just melts my heart.
I hope the Health Wagon comes by real soon. We all need to get back to feeling good and spending some family time together again. I miss you three big time ! So get well and we will see you very soon I hope. Love, Carrollton Dad

Perfectly Jenn said...

I like the game and apologize for not commenting. I've got my own little issues at the moment but I need to start telling you more how much I love your daily updates. So fun to keep up with y'all when I can't get home to see y'all.
Keep up the fun games but don't stray from daily rumblings either.

Love y'all and agree with Dad that everyone needs to get healthy quick!

sherryhome76 said...

I want to play!! I like it alot!! I just wish I thought to logon everyday to play.....either way I'll be watching Justin & Leslie for clues (I like the difficulty/challenge to this game)
I LOVE Y'all