Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Update on life

Let's see...Friday we had the carpet installers out. There was some confusion on the type of carpet pad they were supposed to put down, so they were delayed on starting. They were here at noon and ended up starting to put down the tack strips until the correct pad arrived. It got here around 2 and they started laying the carpet. They finished around 7 that evening. It looks really good and we are loving it!! I think it completely changes the look of our house. 

I got home from running errands on Monday though, and found the dogs had dug a hole in our 3 day old carpet:
Needless to say, they were in VERY big trouble and both almost got a one way ticket to the pound.

Saturday morning I had our last baby shower. It was so much fun!! I'll get the pictures from my Mom this week to share with you later on. After the shower, my Mom and I stopped by my sister's new place for a little bit before I took her home. They moved on Saturday, so we got to see where they'll be living!! It's really close to all of us and so cute for them. After that I came home and worked a little on touching up the stripes. We then went out and bought a new vacuum cleaner since our other one wouldn't pick up anything. We also went by Lowe's to pick up a few things Justin needed for the baby's room. We went to dinner that evening with my Mom, Dad, Kat, Sau, Rick, and Nancy. We ate at Dos Banderas on the square in Downtown Garland, then walked over to hear the bluegrass players do their thing. They are always so much fun to listen to.

Sunday we worked in the nursery all day. Justin changed out all the outlets to tamper proof ones. He had a couple friends over to help him move the treadmill from our room to the baby's room and the dresser in from the garage. I hung the curtains and moved things from the bath tubs to the nursery. We were both tired by the end of the day so we rested and watched the Olympics that evening.

Monday I started the day by doing some returns at a couple stores and got some last minute items we needed for the nursery. I met my sister for lunch at Cracker Barrel. Then I came home and organized the nursery.

Tuesday after the doctor, my sister came over to see the nursery. We went to take a couple more things back to some stores, and saw this church sign down the street from my house. We're really not sure what it means, but it made us laugh:

 Then one store had Christmas items out. We found this nutcracker and find the placement of the camera questionable. What is he taking a picture of? :)

I spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying the coolness of my house!!

No comments: