Thursday, August 2, 2012

37 week appointment

We had our 37 week check up on Squishy today. Everything continues to look great and is going smoothly!! My belly measured at 37 1/2 weeks today. Still not dilated any and she said the baby is slowly continuing to drop. The heart rate was lower today that it has been, but she said as baby's get closer to full term the heart rate tends to slow down and that's normal. At first it was all over the place, but once the baby woke up some and started kicking it evened out. I can't believe this week the baby is developmentally considered to be term and could be born any day with very few complications. It has gone by soooo fast!! Today was a very fast visit...that's a good thing when everything looks good!! As I left, my doctor gave me a hug and told the baby to stay in for 2 more weeks. She is out on vacation starting Monday and will not be back until the following Wednesday. So I'm gonna tell Squishy every day to wait until she gets back. :) 

Other exciting news...our carpet is being installed tomorrow!! Yea!! We're really excited to have it put in, but it sure is a pain cleaning off all the furniture and picking up small things off the floors so they can move stuff and get to everything. Our house is a disaster zone right now. I have no clue where anything is!! But I know it's all going to be worth it and will look amazing by tomorrow evening!!

Also, the nursery has been painted and looks AMAZING!!!! Thanks to Kay, Rachael, Carl, and Sherry for helping out so much. The stripes are done and it looks better than I ever imagined in my mind. We have some touch ups to do to the stripes where the paint bled a little under the tape, but we're getting really close to being ready to put furniture in and start decorating. I'm getting so excited!! Hopefully this time next week I'll be able to start sharing pictures of the completed nursery with you!!

My wonderful husband deserves a HUGE thank you as well. He has put up with my hormonal self lately and worked his heart out trying to get the nursery painted and everything ready so I can put everything in it's place. I know I have been driving him crazy and I know he's so ready for a break, but he doesn't complain too much and keeps working away. I have promised him that once he can get furniture moved into the room, I will leave him alone and he can get some rest in...or play...or whatever HE wants to do before the baby comes. I couldn't ask for a better partner in life or a better father for our baby. I can't even begin to put into words how much I appreciate all he's been doing and how thankful I am for him. He's a huge blessing and highlight in my life daily. Thank you times a billion, Justin!! I love you!! :)

So, tomorrow I'm going to share the pictures from last weekend's baby shower with you. Since I have that planned, here's a quick run down of our plans for the weekend:

Friday: Carpet is being installed. Depending on how our day goes, we may go Friday night to see a band that Justin went to see last Thursday at the Concert by the Lake series at The Harbor in Rockwall. The name of the band is Voodoo Blue and it is a tribute band to Stevie Ray Vaughan. (If you are interested, click on the link and you can hear some of their stuff.) He sent me a short video of them playing last weekend and they were really good!! He was impressed with them and wants to go see them again, so we're thinking of going to a pizza place in McKinney to hear them.

Saturday: In the morning I have our final baby shower to attend. This one is being thrown for us by my Aunt Nancy, Cousin Danni, and Second Cousin Nikole. My Mom and I invited our work friends/nurse friends to this one, so it will be fun to see everyone since we've all been away for the summer!! I'm looking forward to it and will have pictures to share next week!!
Kathryn and Sau get home late Friday night and we think they may be moving on Saturday to their new apartment. If so, Justin and I will be helping them move. I'm sure I won't be doing a whole lot of helping, but I can provide moral support to all involved. :) If they decide not to do any moving, we'll probably work around the house and in the baby's room (where all our spare time is going right now) to finish things up.

Sunday: In the morning one of Justin's cousins, Kristy, has offered to take maternity photos for us. I'm hoping it won't be too hot and we'll get a couple good ones out of the shoot. We're definitely gonna have to keep it short since it's so hot!! After that on our way back home, we're going to stop by Ikea to see if we can find a new entertainment center to put our electronics in. Our black one will not match once our brown carpet is put in. Hopefully once we get back home we can spend the day relaxing and catching up on the Olympics we have recorded that we've missed out on this week.

So another busy weekend for us, but I think it will be a fun one!!

No comments: