Friday, August 3, 2012

Friends Baby Shower

Last Saturday my friend, Samantha, and her Mom, Carol, threw a baby shower for us that included some of my work friends from Watson (the Elementary School I started working at when I came to the school district) and some of Justin's friend's wives. It was so much fun!! They did a theme of sweet treats and had adorable decorations.

The invitation

A cute cupcake sign in the yard at the front door.

Yea!!

The candy bar had favor bags for us to take the candy of our choice home with us!

Jars to guess if Squishy is a boy or girl. Boy won yet again!!

Samantha put the flowers in an aluminum pie pan sitting on a pie plate. How cute?!?!

Baby clothes hanging as decoration!

Mason jars tied with burlap for our lemonade.

Samantha icing some strawberry cupcakes.

Strawberry cupcakes and Vanilla Gluten Free cupcakes behind that. More flowers in a bundt cake pan. Strawberries, Banana Pudding...MmMmMmMm!!

She had cute toppings to put on our cupcakes!

My very own little Gluten Free banana pudding to the side of the big bowl. It sure is nice to have great friends that look out for you...even your food allergies!! :)

Kelly, Samantha, me, and Lauren

The gifts

Eating my yummy gluten free treats!!

Some of the ladies in the kitchen talking.

Sherry and Lauren playing the game. Everyone was in teams of 2 and they had a clear plastic plate. They had to look through magazines and cut out features to piece together a baby's face on the plate that they thought Squishy would look like. It was a lot of fun. When I find where the plates are (not sure which bathtub they are stored in right now) I will take pictures of the end results and post them. :)

Peanut M&Ms on the candy bar.

Twizzlers on the candy bar.

A baby quilt my Mamaw made for the baby!!


Another baby quilt Mamaw made. She had this one done and showed it to me a while back and I love it because she used a lot of scraps to make it. There are a lot of pieces of fabric on it that bring back memories of different things. One of them is actually from an outfit I had as a kid!!

Chloe helping me open gifts.


Samantha made us a horseshoe for our U on the alphabet wall!!

Madilyn and Chloe helping again with gifts.

A Bumbo from my friend Kelly!! I can't wait to use it...just hope little Squishy's legs aren't too fat for it!! :)

A big thank you to Samantha and Carol for the fun shower!! We all had a great time and loved all the effort that went into everything!! You're great friends to have!! Thanks also to everyone else that attended and for all the gifts you generously gave to our sweet little baby!! Thanks to my Mom for taking these pictures for me!! I think Sherry also took some pictures, so I'll get those from her and share them as well!!

No comments: