Friday, August 17, 2012

39 week appointment

Just a quick update on how our doctor's visit went today. 

Sonogram looked good...baby has some cute chubby cheeks. :) He/she kept covering the face with a hand, so we mostly saw the face looking at us. She was able to get 1 really quick profile shot though. I'll post those pictures once I get them scanned and on the computer. They are guessing the baby's weight is currently 8 pounds 6 ounces!!!

I am dilated to 1 cm...better than nothing!! 50% effaced, and baby is still at -2. So, still a waiting game, but we could have the baby any time. My doctor is not on call this weekend, so if it happens this weekend we will see one of the other doctors...which at this point is ok with me. Haha!! They are coordinating with the hospital on a date to induce if baby hasn't come yet. We could be induced as early as next Thursday, August 23rd. Crazy that this time next week we will probably be holding our baby!! As soon as I get a call back on when the induction has been scheduled, I will let everyone know. She's afraid to let me go too far past the due date with the baby getting bigger and bigger, so she will schedule it for sooner rather than later...but she is going to at least give us until the due date.

I'm DEFINITELY ready. I never thought I'd say I was tired of being pregnant because I have had a great pregnancy and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm at that point now though where I'm uncomfortable, on the verge of miserable, and ready to hold my baby. :)

Updates will continue to come as things happen!! Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Katanna said...

I hope we are on the list to find out when the day is !!! I know how excited you and Justin must be. I will be a happy day for our family ! A baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

Katanna said...

It will be ! and I proofed it...before i sent HA HA