My app tells me today that we have 8 days left until our due date. It all seems unreal...feels like we found out we were gonna have this little baby just yesterday and now here we are, A WEEK AWAY!!!
We are officially ready for Squishy to make his/her appearance any day now!!
Our bag is packed for the hospital:
Justin has his outfit set out and ready to be put on at a moment's notice:
He's so cute...I just love how excited he's getting. :)
The carseat is in the car, ready to bring a little baby home:
Mollie is ready to read books to a baby that's here rather than one she can't see:
And the crib is put together and ready for a baby to sleep in:
Those last couple pictures from the nursery aren't very good. I will set up a post for later in the week to show you what the nursery looks like. A special thanks to everyone that has helped out in all their different ways to bring all the elements of the nursery together!! There are still some things to do, but nothing that can't wait until after baby gets here. :)
Today I ran some errands to get some things done with my car so it'll be good for a while after baby is born. I went to the car wash (which was desperately needed!). I had to go by the bank to order a new debit card. My current one has a crack in it and is about to break apart. I took my car to get an oil change, then took it to get the front windows tinted to match the rest of the car to help out with the heat. I noticed almost an immediate difference!!
On the agenda for tomorrow is to clean out the refrigerator so Justin doesn't have to figure out which food is old and which is edible. We'll see if I do the same with the pantry...I may decide the refrigerator is enough. Haha!! In the afternoon, my friend Samantha is coming by to see the nursery and hang out for a little bit. So, that will be fun too!!
I know y'all are gonna say nesting has set in...but I don't think I'd call it that. I've had this list going for a while now and I'm just now getting around to the bottom of it - all the stuff I've been putting off not wanting to do. :) Very soon though, I'll have everything done and I'll just be sitting here watching my dogs sleep every day until labor starts. Haha!! I'm glad I've spread it all out so I still have some small things to do to pass the time.
2 comments:
I am so excited about my 1st Grand-Baby!!! There are no words spectacular enough to describe how excited & happy Carl & I both are. It just makes me smile to see how excited Justin is becoming, "he's going to be a Daddy", I'm in awe of how surreal this is. Justin & Leslie are going to be the Best Parents ever & Squishy will be so blessed having them as Mommy & Daddy. WooHoo!!! I don't think life can get any better than this, I'm about to burst with excitement & happiness!! Lots & Lots of Love to this cute little family that's about to be plus "ONE"! Hugs & Kisses & Love!! PawPaw & Grammy
The first part about Justin having his outfit out and ready made me tear up. It's crazy to me that my big brother is about to have a baby and I can't wait to see him in this role. I think the two of you are going to be amazing as parents and I can't wait for the lil one to get here!!!
Love y'all!
Post a Comment