Friday, June 1, 2012

Wrapping up the School Year

Yesterday I spent the day wrapping up all the paperwork for this school year. My desk was a mess all day, but by the time I left it was clean and everything was filed away. Here's what my office and desk looked like for the majority of the day yesterday:



After finishing all my reports and looking at all my numbers for the year, I'd say I had another successful year!!

I saw a total of 3,998 students in the clinic this year. Of those, I only had to send home 278. Not a bad job keeping student in class, huh? I administered 2,035 medications throughout the year. Mailed home 207 letters to parents for students that needed immunizations at one time or another throughout the year, and had to exclude 11 students from school for not receiving their shots by the dates requested. I also came in contact with parents over 700 times throughout the year...whether talking to them on the phone or in person.

My job keeps me busy, but looking back at things like this makes me realize that I really do make a difference in these kids lives. Even though they get mad at me for sending them back to class and not home, I think I was successful in the goal of keeping them in class and out of the clinic. That gives the teachers the opportunities they need to educate our future!!

One more picture for you of something work related. I was visiting with my Mom yesterday at work when she got a call from another secretary. She had taken bad advice from her boss and pushed some keys trying to delete more than one email at a time. Turns out what he told her to do was not correct and it flipped her computer screen upside down. After figuring out how to flip it back, we realized what she had done and have all tried it on our computers. It worked on some, but didn't on others. It worked on my computer, but with opposite commands from what she used. Weird!!


Well, school is over for the year. I start working Summer School on Monday, but only have 16 days of that and I'm done for the summer!! Hoping to find a cool pool to spend some time at!!


No comments: