Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kathryn's Party

Friday night I put together a bachelorette/lingerie shower for my sister, Kathryn. She is getting married next weekend, June 23rd!! We ended up making an afternoon/evening of it, hanging out and having a great time.

I went and picked up my sister and my mom and we started the afternoon by going to Sprinkles Cupcakes. Yumm!!


Kathryn in front of Sprinkles.


My Red Velvet Gluten Free cupcake and glass of milk.


Kathryn's Black and White cupcake and glass of milk.


Mom's Lemon Coconut cupcake and glass of milk. (I was VERY jealous of her cupcake. Lemon and coconut are 2 of my favorite flavors!!!)

After we thoroughly enjoyed our cupcakes, we went to a store called Swoozies and browsed around for a little bit. It's a fun store that has a lot of personalized items. We went to Northpark Mall afterward to do a little shopping before Kathryn's friends joined us for dinner at Maggiano's


We stopped and got truffles from Godiva. I got a Lemon Sorbet, my mom got a Creme Brûlée, my sister got a Pistachio and a Banana Split, and I got Justin a Milk Chocolate. We all enjoyed the flavors we picked...I just love that place!!

Bath and Body Works was our next stop. They were having their Big Semi-Annual Sale with many products 75% off and many others only $3. We had a lot of fun in this store and a lot of funny things happened. My mom was smelling a lotion and a woman next to her asked if it smelled good. Before my mom could respond, the lady was smelling it out of her hand. Then I was walking behind my sister and my baby belly bumped into her purse...at the same time she was smelling a lotion. Her purse knocked into her arm and she turned around and had lotion all over her nose. Haha!!


Mom and Kathryn looking at lotion.

I ended up buying some of the Aromatherapy Lotion's Sleep line - the Lavender Chamomile scent. I had bought something similar a while back that is a pillow mist. Every time I spray it on our bed, Justin and I sleep sooo good. I used some of the lotion last night and slept amazingly. I love the smell as well!!

After Bath and Body Works, we walked around the mall some more browsing in stores. 


Kathryn with a "T" mug in Anthropologie

We then went to meet Kathryn's friends at Maggiano's for our dinner reservation.


Kathryn and I outside Maggiano's.


Our table while we were waiting for everyone to get there. Elizabeth, Adah, Kathryn, and my Mom. I forgot to take another picture with my phone once we were all there. Kathryn has some on her camera I'll have to get to update.


The gifts for the lingerie shower. I promised her not to take pictures while she opened them, but she got some pretty things. She was embarrassed because there was a table behind us that had kids sitting at it. I told her it was better we got to sit upstairs though so she didn't have to open it all in the middle of the dining room downstairs!! Haha!!


Kathryn's complimentary cheesecake dessert from Maggiano's. It was really good!!


Kathryn with her cheesecake!!

We had a fun night celebrating Kathryn and her upcoming wedding. It was a very low key evening, but that's exactly what Kathryn wanted. Guess it runs in our family because I had the same thing. My mom said she did as well. I'm glad her friends got to come out with us to celebrate her last week of being a single woman!! Can't wait for her beautiful wedding next Saturday and 'officially' getting a new brother-in-law!!!

No comments: