Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Quick Update

It's been a while since I've posted!! I've been super busy, so I'm going to do a quick update of last week in this post and a couple more detailed posts about specific things I did last week afterward. 

Let's go back to Father's Day. On Father's Day Sunday, Justin and I went to his Grandfather's (Honey) house to celebrate with family and his Dad. On the way we stopped by Starbucks. I had planned to get a decaf coffee, but they were offering new drinks and I can NEVER turn down coconut, so I had to try this:


Coconut Lime Frozt

It was really good...wish I could have added a little rum to it and it would have been PERFECT!!

Here is my cup Jenn wrote my name on at Honey's:


:) It will be here before we know it!! :)

Then at work last week I had to be crafty. I'm going to do a separate post on all the things I made for my sister last week for her wedding. Check that post out.

Monday, Justin came home from work and this was on my car:


He said I must have had a peaceful day, which I guess I did. :)

Wednesday evening we celebrated Father's Day with my Dad. He had been working quite a bit of overtime and worked on Father's Day so we didn't get to see him. We all got together and went to Southern Junction to have 2 for 1 steak night. Sau's Mom was in town for the wedding, so she got to experience cooking her own steak in a real Texas country bar. I know she'll have a lot to tell her family when she gets back home!! We had fun...Squishy did not like the loud music though. Nothing like being 7 months pregnant in a bar!! At least there were a lot of families and kids there that night. Otherwise I probably would have gotten more strange looks than I did!!

Thursday I had a doctor's appointment. I will do a separate post on how it went to give more details. Thursday night I helped my Mom and Sister with wedding favors. They were cookies that were puzzle pieces that made a heart and each half said one of their names. They turned out really cute!! We decided to put them in bags and make them look cute ourselves to save some money. I think we laughed the entire time with my Mom calling the puzzle pieces that stuck out "honkers". Haha!!

Friday I spent the day running errands to get all the last minute things for Kathryn's wedding on Saturday. My Dad and I picked up a lot of items, but had a fun time spending time together. Friday night we had the rehearsal at the church and the rehearsal dinner at my aunt and uncle's house on the lake. It was really pretty and Rick did an amazing job on the BBQ. I think Sau's family that came from Samoa really liked the Texas food!!

Saturday morning I got up early to go to the church with my Mom and Sister to help her get ready. Everything went according to plan and Kathryn was a BEAUTIFUL bride!! After the ceremony we did a huge overhaul. We went back to the house to pack up everything for the reception that evening. When we arrived at the golf course, we quickly went to work and were busy getting everything ready up until the first guest arrived. It was a perfect reception to celebrate Kat and Sau's marriage. Unfortunately all these events I'm talking about have no pictures to go with them on my phone. I was busy at the majority of them and forgot to take any pics. As soon as I get some from someone that actually took pictures, I'll share them with you. After Kat and Sau left, we got busy tearing down everything from the reception, reloaded the cars, and took everything back home and unloaded it. At the end of the day I was BEYOND exhausted!!! 

Sunday Justin and I slept late. We were both tired from all the wedding festivities. I took back some things that needed to be returned after the wedding and picked up lunch, then we spent the day on the couch watching tv. It was a really nice relaxing day that went by really fast!!

Yesterday I started my last week of summer school and today I have more news from my doctor to update with, but I'll do that in a separate post as well because it's kind of long. Overall it's been a busy week with wedding related activities. This week should be much more slow and relaxed. Did I mention it's also my last week of summer school!?!? Thursday is my last day and I'm done for the summer!! It really went by fast this year!!


No comments: