Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thrifty Finds

Today when I wasn't working I spent my time at thrift stores looking for more letters for the baby's nursery. I went to 2 stores at lunch and 4 after work. The last store I went to also had 2 other stores close by (across the street) and I was so frustrated that I physically couldn't go to them. I was right there!! In the best interest of the baby though, I came home and now have my feet up while writing this blog and eating chocolate covered pecans. :) Maybe I can go back to the ones I missed out on sometime this weekend and check out a few more I know of close to them. Here are my finds from today:


Found this little D at lunch today and only paid $1.50!


Found 2 vowels at the next lunch stop: I and O. Paid $1.50 for O, which is Bombay Kids and I actually saw it again later at Goodwill. For the I, I paid $2.50.


Found a N at Goodwill for $0.99!

Justin is wanting to make a cart to push around when him and his friends play disc golf to carry a cooler with their drinks and some of their bags of discs. I was on the lookout today for items for his cart. He wants to make the frame out of a jogging stroller (similar to a homemade one he found online). I only came across one jogging stroller and it was $90, so for now I'm still keeping an eye out for that. I did find these 2 baskets at Goodwill that he can use for storage though!


This basket was $2.99.


This basket was $1.99.

So as you can see, I didn't spend much money today but got some useful items!! If anyone has any ideas on how we should decorate some of the letters, or you'd like to decorate some of them for me, let me know. I'm open to all the help I can get!!

Funny side story before I end today's post:
I was going into the Goodwill parking lot when I noticed this happening. A DART bus had stopped at a bus stop across the street to pick some people up. Normally I don't pay much attention to buses unless the bus stops in front of me, but for some reason today I noticed. The bus driver let the people at the stop on the bus, then he got off the bus and ran across the street leaving a bus full of people sitting there, on the bus, at the stop. He went into Taco Casa and came out a little bit later with a bag of food and a drink. He had to wait for cars that were driving by, then ran back across the street, got back on the bus, and drove away. Crazy bus driver!! What is this world coming to? Just remember, if you're ever on public transportation and the driver leaves the vehicle...he may just be running into the closest fast food joint to get something to snack on while he drives you around town. No worries...he'll be back. :)

No comments: