Today Justin and I went to the doctor for the baby's 29 week check-up. Can you believe that we have roughly 10 weeks left until our little baby will be in our arms?!?!?! 74 days until the due date. It just seems crazy to me how time flies.
We met with one of the other doctors in the practice today. My doctor wants me to meet the other 2 doctors in case one of them are on call when the baby comes rather than her. I like that so we have at least seen their face before they deliver the baby!! Today's doctor was a man. I was kind of nervous going in because I have never even seen him in the halls of the office before. I went in thinking he was really old and was not fond of the possibility of him delivering Squishy, but I'm really glad we met him because I feel the complete opposite. Justin and I both liked him and were happy that he took the time to look through my chart and talk about how he felt the pregnancy has been progressing. It was nice having another perspective other than my regular doctor's.
Baby's heartbeat was strong this week like it has been. There is no sound more amazing in this world than hearing your baby's heartbeat. It quickly became one of my top favorite sounds and I think I look forward to hearing it more than anything else at each appointment!! My belly measured exactly where it should be this week...29 1/2 weeks!! Last visit it was measuring a little bit bigger than where I was, but she wasn't concerned...and this time we're right on track!! I gained weight this time (rather than losing like last time)...the doctor we saw today said he was very happy with my weight gain so far and feels that I'm having a very healthy pregnancy.
My biggest complaint (that seems to be getting worse and worse) is groin pain. It is REALLY bad at night when I try to roll over and in the mornings when I get out of bed. Some days it hurts all day and when I walk, other days I don't notice it too much at all. We asked the doctor about it today because Justin's noticed I've started complaining about it more and more. He said that during pregnancy connective tissue loosens and softens...which includes ligaments...and can cause them to be painful when used. Bottom line is it's unfortunately just a part of pregnancy that I have to suck up and deal with. (My words...not his.) Haha!! There's really not a lot to do to try to alleviate the pain. By the time medicine like Tylenol kicks in the pain has usually subsided on it's own because it comes and goes. He said the best advice he has is to not do the activities that make it hurt. Easier said than done though...I have to lie down to sleep and walk to get anywhere. Haha!! And another downfall is it will probably get worse as pregnancy progresses. Glad I only have 12 more days of summer school to work!! Oh well...it will all be worth it in the end!!
So overall, we got a great report on the health of the baby!! Everything is exactly on track as it should be!! Just waiting now for our little one to grow big enough and be ready to join the world!!
1 comment:
Sad you're having this pain but happy that our little baby is looking & sounding healthy!!
Post a Comment