While at work last week I decided to work on everything I needed to finish for my sister's wedding. I am not the craftiest person...there's a reason I did band in school rather than art. Overall though, I don't think my projects turned out too bad.
I started by making the bouquet for Kat's rehearsal out of all the bows from her wedding gifts she received at her wedding showers.
One side
The other side
The top
Luckily these aren't supposed to look cute or pretty, so the odds were in my favor!!
Next, for some unknown reason, I decided my sister needed a sign with their name and wedding date on it to put up in their new apartment. It was really last minute or I would have asked Jenn (Handmade Expressions) to paint one for me. I tried my best and just winged it and made one on my own.
Definitely not the quality of Jenn's work, but I didn't think it turned out too bad for a first try!!
The last thing I wanted to make Kat for her wedding was a personalized hanger. Jenn had these made for all her and all her bridesmaids at her wedding and her pictures of the dresses on the hangers were so pretty. I thought Kathryn needed one for her wedding dress. I didn't want to spend the money they are being sold for on Etsy though. It took a couple tries, but I'm happy with the outcome...and Kat LOVED it!!
First attempt. The wire was too thin, and I knew that, so I didn't put much effort into this one.
2nd attempt. I'm not too good at the circle letters. Turns out I made it too big to go on the hanger so I had to re-do it again anyway. She picked a really hard new last name!!
3rd and final attempt. I got smart and found something round to wrap the wire around for the circle letters and it turned out much better.
The finished product after Justin put it on the hanger for me!!
And again, the end result!!
The only picture from Kathryn's wedding I have on my phone is the one of the doors to the chapel with their sign below:
It's all ok though because I'm sure she wants to share all her pics on her own first. As soon as I get someone to share some pics with me and get the green light, I'll share her wedding with everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment