Last night Justin and I were watching a show on TV while we ate dinner. I wasn't paying too much attention to what the baby was doing. I knew he/she was moving around a lot though. I realized I was having more Braxton Hicks, so I started counting...while still being preoccupied with the TV show. I lost count at 5 but know I had more than that within the hour. We went about our evening and I didn't worry about it too much.
This morning while I was getting ready for work, I had 3 more within a 20 minute time period. None of these lasted more than 30 seconds, but I mentioned it to Justin and we both decided I needed to call the doctor when I got to work to let her know since she had instructed me last week to call for more than 4. I went ahead and called even though they weren't painful or consistent and spoke with her medical assistant. She asked me a lot of questions and said she would talk with my doctor and call me back.
The morning went on into the afternoon and I still hadn't heard anything, so I assumed everything was fine. I figured if my doctor had any concern, I would have received a phone call back right away. She called me back early this afternoon and said she thinks everything is ok. She told me to rest a lot for the rest of the week, elevate my legs when I'm at home resting, and continue to drink a lot of water. She thinks being on my feet and working so hard this weekend with the combination of the crazy heat we've had is just taking it's toll. I'm not sure I can hold much more water, so that will be a challenge...but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep this little one happy for a while longer so he/she can keep growing and developing!!
My next appointment is next Tuesday and I will meet the 3rd doctor in the practice that day. I'm looking forward to meeting her...hope she's as great as my doctor and the one I met last time!! After that I will see my doctor for the rest of my appointments and then we just hope she's the one on call when I go into labor!! Today we are at 32 weeks and have just 8 short weeks left until the due date!! We have lots of baby showers coming up and both feel so blessed with all the love that is being shown to this little baby before he/she even arrives. We really are lucky to have such great friends and family that are showering us with so much love and support!!
No comments:
Post a Comment