Thursday, May 2, 2013

Update

I went back to the doctor yesterday afternoon. Of course my tonsil wasn't swollen like it was the day before, but my lymph nodes still are and its all very tender. He changed the antibiotic I've been taking to something much stronger. There is concern for me to get sicker in other ways since I've been on antibiotics so long and am now starting one a lot stronger. He said some of the good germs in the body can grow out of control and become bad germs...but he is afraid if I don't take this route, that the infection in my throat may turn into an abscess and have to be surgically drained. (I know, gross! I'm a nurse though, doesn't bother me. Haha!) Soooo, I started the new antibiotic last night and I'm praying it fixes everything. If not, the next step is going to see an ENT for further testing. I'm ready to stop spending money on this and feel better!!!

When we got home, all Alyson wanted to do was play in her room. I read while she played and she kept trying to take my book. Here's a pic of her talking to me...I guess telling me to pay attention to her. (Don't you love her onesie? It speaks the truth!!)
I finally got Alyson to read her own book while I read mine. :) Reading books is one of her favorite things to do!!


 

 

No comments: