Wednesday, May 29, 2013

9 months old yesterday!

Between being busy and life knocking me every which way, I have missed out on sharing Alyson with you all lately. If I'm not tired from all the running around, I'm just not in a mood to write. We have 6 school days left, so hopefully after that when my time is freed up some I can go back to showing you what we do each day this summer like I did over spring break.
 
Yesterday Alyson turned 9 months old!! She's getting so big and getting such a fun personality. We went to the doctor for her wellness exam, shot, and bloodwork. Her doctor says she is healthy and looking great!
 
She is now on the charts for her length. Yesterday she was 28 3/4 inches long at the 88th percentile. She weighed 19 pounds 4 ounces at the 70th percentile. And her head circumference is in the 90th percentile. The doctor said she is just making room for all her brains. I think it may be genetics from her Daddy's big head! ;) (Love you, Justin!)
 
Still no teeth yet. He said he could feel one getting ready to break the surface though. We will see...I'm not going to hold my breath! ;) She is scooting and rolling around everywhere. She has learned if we leave the room she can follow us to where we went. It's so cute watching her try to catch up! Her doctor also told me yesterday that her eye color is probably permanent at this point. I haven't decided what color her eyes are yet, but the left one has a speck of brown on the bottom that's kinda cool! We can start feeding her small bites of table food (oops...have already been doing some of that!). He said there are 4 things she CANNOT have though: peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, and strawberries. They are all foods that have the highest number of allergies in children so we wait to introduce them until she's a little older.
 
Monday we spent some time at my parents house for Memorial Day. She fell asleep on her Gigi. 

Tuesday my mother-in-law, Sherry, kept her for the day. Here is a photo of her happy about something they were doing.

And here is a photo after she had to have blood drawn. That was not a fun experience as a Mom and I can only imagine it gets worse as they get bigger. It's no fun having to hold your child down while someone hurts them....even if it's for their own good. As traumatic as it was for both of us, the bandaid was too cute on her arm for me to pass up the opportunity for a photo. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Remind me to try and get a good photo of her eye color soon!

Perfectly Jenn said...

I've been missing your updates but completely understand you being busy without adorable 9 month old! Geez time flies!
I can only imagine what it feels like to see her get her shots :(
Love the photos and love that Ivette see y'all next weekend!! I miss my family!

Perfectly Jenn said...

Not "without" but "with OUR" 9 month old

Perfectly Jenn said...

Maybe I should proof before I send! Who is Ivette when I mean I get! I'm signing off now!

Unknown said...

I thought you were talking about Kay's friend when you said Ivette, but I have no idea how to spell her name.