Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Past couple days

Sorry I've been away the past couple days. Guess we've been busy!! Here is a recap of all we've done since I last posted!!

Saturday my sister went with Alyson and me to my friend, Samantha's, little girl, Madilyn's, 2nd birthday party. Wow, that was a mouth full!! We had a good time celebrating and Alyson enjoyed playing with the other kids. That evening we went to Honey's house for dinner and to hang out with family. It was good to see everyone...it's been a while since we've gotten together. 

Sunday morning we went to church. After church we ran some errands then went home for a nap.
We played with Alyson and had a nice evening preparing for the week ahead. 

Monday afternoon Alyson played and ate snacks while I cleaned the kitchen. I came across quite a few of our doctor receipts and medicine leaflets while cleaning. This is not the complete pile since spring break, but close to it. 
When I started folding laundry I put Alyson on the bed with me and she felt she needed to help. (Let's just hope that stays the same as she grows up!) She's telling me all about something while we fold socks. :)

Tomorrow is Nurse's Day. This week is also Teacher Appreciation Week. So of course there is LOTS of food at work this week. I have already received some sweet gifts and I'm so honored people are thinking of me and are recognizing what I do. Very nice!!

Yesterday I got this card and a cookie on a stick from our LIGHT counselor. She's very sweet!! We work closely together to address concerns for students that may have mental health issues, drug/substance abuse issues, dating violence problems, concerns about STDs, etc. 


Alyson enjoyed eating the cookie with me. :)

Today I got called to the front desk and was surprised with these:
Aren't they beautiful? I'm a lucky girl to have such amazing parents. Thanks again for thinking of me Mom and Dad!!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon. We have a nurses meeting where all the nurses in the district get together. It will be nice to let each of them know how much they are appreciated for all they contribute to nursing too!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather we're having at the moment. Alyson sure is!!

No comments: