Saturday morning, Justin and I got up bright and early and headed over to his grandparent's house. The family had decided to clean out his grandmother's flower beds and plant new flowers in her memory for her 80th birthday. It was a very eventful day and we got a lot of work done!! To see pictures of the day and the before/after pics, check out my sister-in-law's blog post from Monday.
After working in the yard all day, some of us decided to go to a thrift store that was close by. I cannot tell you how happy I was we went!! Justin and I have been looking at getting a glider for the baby's room. The chairs we have been looking at start at $150. We found a glider at this store that came with an ottoman glider too!! The price marked was $29.99, but they also were offering an additional 20% off. We bought this (in almost perfect condition) chair for the low, low price of $23.99. I kept thinking it was too good to be true, but so far it's not!!
I'm thinking about recovering it, but I'm loving it so far the way it is!! (Don't you like Mollie checking it out?)
Sunday I could barely get out of bed, much less raise my arms above my head from trimming bushes all day Saturday. I didn't do anything productive Sunday. I rested on the couch all day and finished my book. I was reading Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games series. I'm still not really sure how I feel about how it ended. The second book, Catching Fire, was definitely my favorite of all 3 books. I feel that the way the series ended was lacking quite a bit. It was somewhat a let down to me, I guess I was expecting more. Oh well. It was still a great series that I would recommend to anyone!! My next book is Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. If you've never read any of her books before, I highly recommend any of them. They're all good!!
Monday was a weird day at work. I started the day by heading over to a bus accident to check out the children on the bus. Everyone was ok and it was wrapping up as I got there. When I got back to school, there was a fight outside the clinic. I had a couple impairment assessments to perform. Just seemed like an oddly busy day. I'm not sure what was going on yesterday. When I got home I started looking through some stuff I had printed off the internet about baby registries. I was looking into crib safety, stroller safety, etc. I quickly became overwhelmed by all that's out there and all you need to know to pick safe products. I'm at a point where I think we're going to have to make about a million trips to register so we can do an area at a time. Bath supplies, nursery supplies, changing supplies, feeding supplies, etc. It's just a lot and becomes overwhelming really fast. I think I'm more confused now than I was before I started looking at any of it!!
Today has been a pretty good day. Our little Squishy is now 20 weeks!! From head to bottom he/she is around 6 1/2 inches long, and about 10 inches long from head to heel (about the length of a banana). He/she weighs close to 10 1/2 ounces. I had a student come in today that wasn't aware previously that I'm pregnant. She asked me how far along I am. That was kind of fun because I realized I must be starting to look like I'm pregnant to people that don't know. (Rather than just looking fat. Haha!!) I had a computer class this afternoon with some of my nurse buddies and many of them had to feel to find Squishy's butt sticking out. :) This is the fun part of pregnancy I've been waiting for. I'm cherishing each and every moment though because it seems to be going by so fast. I can't believe it's halfway over!!
This afternoon when I got to my class, the bad weather started to hit around the metroplex. Many tornadoes touched down as well as high winds, rain, and hail. Those of us that made it there before the bad weather hit went ahead and had the class. It turned out that the district decided to not let the buses run to take the student's home for quite a while until all the bad weather passed. My school lets students out at 2:30 on a normal day, and they were not released by bus until after 4:00 today!! Some of the nurses at the meeting decided to wait it out for a while, so we sat around chatting and catching up. It was nice since we don't get to see each other in groups very often. At one point, someone came by and told us we had a call to take cover. We were led to a hallway toward the middle of the building and sat around there for a while until we got an all clear call.
Here are a couple pictures of us just waiting around in the hallway.
There was a lot of damage in the metroplex. Luckily, our area escaped any major damage. From what I can tell, our house didn't sustain any damage from the storm. I waited around and watched the news coverage until they released the buses to go pick up the children. I figured it was safe to travel home at that point. The only problem I ran into, other than the streets being flooded, was being surrounded by buses trying to make it to the schools to take children home. Nothing like being boxed in by buses that stop at every train track!! Haha!!
I guess that just about catches you up on what we've been up to since last week. Tomorrow is the day I've been looking forward to for the last 4 weeks. We go to the doctor at 3pm to have a sonogram and see our sweet little miracle again!!! Prayers that the baby is healthy and growing properly are appreciated!!! I will have new pictures of Squishy up before the end of the week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment