Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm out of clever titles

Let's see...I've been busy(ish) this week. Just realized today I hadn't written anything on here in a while.

Last Saturday I spent the day helping Justin take senior portraits of his cousins around Carrollton. It was a long, exhausting day but the weather was gorgeous. Justin did an AMAZING job for it being his first photo shoot posing people. I can't wait to share some of the pictures with you that he took. Have to wait till the graduates can send out their photos and share with their friends/family first though.

Sunday I spent resting on the couch watching TV all day. Saturday wore me out!! I finally caught up on the majority of laundry that had been spilling out of our laundry basket all week...so I wasn't completely useless. :)

Monday I had a busy day at work. I'm pretty sure spring fever hit our kiddos early this year. It seems to get harder and harder to keep them in class with each passing week. Almost to the end though...we only have about 5 more weeks to go!! Can't believe the end of the school year is almost here. Getting closer to holding my little miracle with each passing day!!! We are now at 23 weeks. The baby is about 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. I feel that little booger kicking now. One night last week, the baby was kicking pretty hard where I thought Justin would be able to feel it. He put his hand where the baby was kicking, and all movement stopped. We waited for a while with no kicks. Finally we both decided to go to bed and as soon as I rolled over, the kicking started again....LITTLE STINKER!!!

Tuesday we had testing at work so it was fairly slow in the clinic. The few kids we saw were not major problems so not many complaints there. One of the "boss" nurses came by to do my site visit to make sure I'm doing my job. We ended up sitting around talking about this and that for close to 2 hours since all my reports looked good!! All in all, it went well so I'm happy. Tuesday evening Justin ended up having to work late at the last minute. I decided to go to Babies R Us and start our baby registry. After only getting through 6 aisles in 2 hours, I called it quits and met Justin for dinner. The number of bottles available is absolutely ridiculous. As a first time Mom...I had absolutely NO clue what I was doing (and still don't have a clue!). I did what I could though and left feeling somewhat successful. Justin and I ate at Genghis Grill and it was interesting. They have changed some of how they do things since we were there last, so it was fun...not to mention yummy!!!

Today I had my TWU nursing student with me for the last time. We had testing again today and will for the rest of the week, so I should have a nice work week. I was able to sit and talk with my student for the majority of the day. She'll make a great nurse...I just love having nursing students with me to teach and then a couple weeks later they graduate and become real nurses!! After she left for the day, I cleaned up our baby registry some and looked over the items I registered for yesterday to read reviews. When I got off work, I took some balloons to my Mom for Secretary's Day. She's the secretary for Health Services and does a lot for us, so I thought she deserved them. I helped her out with a couple things she needed to get done, then she went with me back to Babies R Us. She was going to look at bedding with me, but there really wasn't anything that caught my eye...not to mention in an affordable price range. We are both going to do some searching online and see if I can find some ideas I like to have a quilt made instead of buying a package deal. We'll see what we can come up with.

Our baby registry is about halfway complete. Justin and I need to go sometime together to look at nursery furniture, strollers, car seats, monitors, diaper bags, etc....the big stuff that he'll be using frequently too. Other than what's listed above, bedding, and all that goes along with decorating, I think our registry is coming together. Our first baby shower is being thrown by my school on May 23rd, so I was really needing to get some stuff on our list. I for sure have enough to have a shower now.

Next on my baby to do list is finish the registry, sign up for prenatal classes to take over the next couple months, and sign up for our 3D/4D sonogram. The next 2 months are super, super busy for us. Every weekend seems to be filled with something. Over the next 2 months we have 5 graduations, 5 graduation parties, 2-3 wedding showers, my sister's wedding, Mother's Day celebrations, Father's Day celebrations, a weekend out of town....and that's just what's on the calendar for the WEEKENDS right now!! Whew, just thinking about it makes me tired!! Guess it's a good thing I'll be big and pregnant while its steaming hot in July because I'll be so exhausted, I'm not going to want to do anything! Haha!! My belly seems to grow more and more every week. I've now outgrown my scrubs for work, so I'm just wearing whatever fits.

Not sure what we have going on Thursday, but Friday we are going to the Ranger game that night for GISD night at the ballpark. There are fireworks after the game with a sing along, so that will be fun. We actually don't have plans for this weekend, so we're going to enjoy that!!

Oh yeah....Mollie is back to eating bunnies again. If anyone knows how we can prevent this...let us know. It just kills us to find dead baby bunnies on the floor in our house. Don't know what I'm gonna do with her in the spring time!!! So far we've only found 1, but 2 years ago she ate the entire bunny family....ugh!!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a nice weekend if I'm not back on here before then.

***Update: It's 10:45 and the baby started kicking really good when Justin and I came to bed. He got to feel it for the first time tonight!!! So exciting!!!***

2 comments:

Perfectly Jenn said...

Your blog posts make my day since I don't get to talk to y'all too much! I love reading updates on my niece/nephew and loved hearing about registering. Did you check out any of the links on pinterest on things that you won't need to register for at all & items Mom's found most useful? I can send you some links if you think you want to look at them.

I want to nail down a weekend for your Shields/Dennis shower so let me know when a good weekend is for you so I can start planning (well I've already started just need a date to look forward to).
Love you Sis!

Leslie said...

I read some links from various websites about everything related to registering. I saw everything from the stuff you won't need to the things you can't live without. None of it really matters though when you get in the store...it just swallows you shoe and overwhelms you. Haha!! I feel good about what is on the list. And it's nice that we can always take something back if we end up not using it.

How about a weekend in July for a shower? Our weekends are packed through the end of June already. How about either July 14th or July 28th? We could also do July 7th if it's easier for people that may be in town for July 4th, but Justin also will probably want to have a birthday party that day so we just need to take that into account. Any of these 3 days work for us, just let me know what will work best for you!!