Monday, December 3, 2012

Galveston in Pictures

The memory problem has been worked out. You may now resume enjoying photos of our life!! ;)

As promised, here are our pictures from Galveston I took on my phone Thanksgiving weekend!!

Alyson in her Thanksgiving outfit!!

Alyson with Gramps standing next to Buc-ee. Her first time there!!

Wearing a beaver hat at Buc-ees!!

Looking at our lobster buzzer while we were waiting for a table for lunch at Miller's.

Found an Alyson sized palm tree where we were staying!!

Photos of Alyson's first time at the beach:
First time her feet touched the sand!!


With Gigi



(her footprints)




With Gramps

 Not happy we had to wash the sand off her feet and get it out from between her toes:
 

Sleeping while we ate dinner...

Until the food was put on our table...
Gramps tried to eat while holding her and dropped his food down her back. Haha!!

Moody Gardens had a Festival of Lights exhibit we went to see. It was Alyson's first time to see Christmas lights. It was a 1 mile walk through lots of lights. I didn't take pictures of all of them, just some:
We got there and Alyson was asleep. She slept through half of them. Haha!!

Nutcrackers

Angels

Nativity

Look at that creeper on the left photo-bombing my pic of the castle!!

Pirate ship...Argh mateys!!

Alyson, asleep in her stroller, with spongebob...one of her favorite cartoons!

Flower field

Cute snail

Owl for Jenn

Another owl for Jenn

Sea creatures Christmas

Butterflies

School....get it? ;)

Alyson woke up hungry so we had to stop by the flamingo's to feed her.

Looking at the lights with Gramps.

Just looking around.

It got windy, so we put her owl hat on!!

She enjoyed peeking over Gramps's arm to look at the lights.

Upset at the smoke from the campfire.

Getting sleepy.

Kat and Sau trying to figure out if the Christmas tree was real or fake.

Pleasure pier from the car as we drove by:



First ride on the ferry (or any boat):




I love this pic!!






I wish I could have gotten pictures of all the dolphins we saw on the trip across and back. It was the most I've ever seen at one time. And they would jump up out of the water like they do in movies!! So cool!!

Train Museum:
Sau, my Dad, my Mom, Alyson, and Kathryn talking on the old time phones.

Sau with the tired man.

Mom having this man hug her.

She felt he needed a kiss.

This is what Alyson did while we had fun taking pictures with all the mannequins.

Dad doing I don't know what to this lady!

Thought I'd photo bomb their pic!!


Kat thought this man needed her to yell at him too!!

Having fun at shops on The Strand:

Don't worry...it's fudge in a candy shop!

We have no clue about this one!!

This pic is significant and funny to our family. When I was younger, well not all that young...maybe in late middle school/early high school, I asked my dad to help me get my face up to these glasses so I could have my picture taken and it look like I was wearing them. My Dad put me on his shoulders to get me up there. As he stood up to walk over to them, I guess my weight went forward and he couldn't get his gravity centered. He went running across the sidewalk trying to catch his balance. Thank goodness for the parking meter we slammed into or we would have fallen out in the street in front of a trolley coming down it's tracks. As we saw our lives flash before our eyes, everyone that was with us was literally rolling on the ground laughing. Pretty funny now!! :)

Don't mind that the teeth are upside down. :)

Braids!!

She was supporting her Dad in his Movember campaign. Love it!!

In the ice cream/candy shop!!

We made reindeer candy canes for Kat's kiddos that have their music program in December.

Sau took a picture of Tooty and I while we were asleep.

Stopped on the way home in Houston to have lunch. This was AMAZING mexican food. I would drive the 4 hours just to eat here again!! Wish they had one closer!!

 Alyson in the car on the long drive home:

We had a fun time while away, but were both glad to be home. It took Alyson a couple days to adjust to being back home and get back on her normal schedule. She's happy now!! :)

1 comment:

Katanna said...

What a great time. I love all the pics. Alyson is just a doll .....and I think she is loved to infinity and beyond !