I thought I would just share a mix of this and that from this past week and what's going on in life right now.
My wonderful husband has started a blog. I'm not sure what all he plans on sharing...he talked about maybe funny pictures he comes across. Here is the link to Justin's new blog, so go on over there and follow him!!
Justin is also starting up his own photography website. As soon as I get the ok from him, I will share the link to that site as well. He has been taking some awesome pictures lately. He has taught himself everything he knows with photography and I couldn't be more proud of all he has accomplished so far!!
This week has been a pretty good week at work. I can't believe there are only 8 more school days left in this school year. 2011-2012 has flown by!! My sister's wedding is a month from next Wednesday. AND I REALLY can't believe that our baby's due date is 3 months from Monday!!! Wow!! That makes time really seem like it's gone by fast!!
I had comp time I needed to take before the end of the school year, so I took the day off work on Thursday. Justin took the afternoon off and we got some stuff done to prepare for the baby. I started out my morning by taking my car to get my tires rotated. On the way there, I had to pull over to save a life.
As I was driving, this little guy popped his head out from under the hood of my car.
I got out of the car and encouraged him off. He was stubborn and wouldn't go to the grass. Instead he wanted to stay under my car. When I drove back by later he was gone, so I guess he found his way to safety.
When Justin got of work, we went by for him to meet our babysitter. We both feel very comfortable with her...especially since she treats all her babies like they are her own!! As hard as it's going to be to leave that sweet little baby and go back to work, I have a little less worry knowing I'll be leaving little Squishy in great hands. (Sherry, if you're reading this...we are so, so excited to welcome you into our lives thanks to our little one!!)
Afterward we went to meet the pediatrician. This particular doctor had come out to one of my staff development meetings this year to give a presentation to all the nurses I work with. I knew immediately that he was a doctor I would feel comfortable taking my baby to and would be a great fit for Justin as well. We were able to sit down with him and ask all our questions. Justin liked him just as much as I did, so it turned out to be a great fit!! Small world too...our OB and him are good friends and our OB actually delivered his youngest child. Crazy!!
We ate an early dinner after leaving the pediatrician before heading to Babies R Us to finish up our registry. Justin went with me to pick out a stroller, carseat, and nursery furniture. Currently we have a couple of each on our registry. We picked out our top 2 and are doing research now on which we want to go with. Once we decide I'll delete the ones we don't want off of the list. I still have a few small things to add, but it feels good knowing it's almost complete. Below is a link to our registry. For all those Mom's out there that can give us some input, let me know if we're missing anything you use a lot and things you really love or if there is anything on there you find you don't use at all!!
I'm hoping for a relaxing weekend. We are thinking about garage saleing tomorrow to start looking for decorations for the nursery. We have decided to do an alphabet theme that we want to put together ourselves. Our focus to find right now is letters for the wall. Wish us good luck!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment