Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Last Weekend's Activities

Posted Thursday, May 10th

Last weekend we went to Corsicana to visit with family and have a late Easter Egg hunt with Justin's great-aunt, Donnie. Donnie lives in a home in Corsicana and LOVES Easter Egg hunts and Santa Clause. So we make it a point to see her to have an Easter Egg hunt and celebrate Christmas with her every year.

We went to Richland Chambers Reservoir and spent the day at the lake. That is a MASSIVE lake for those that have never been there. It was our first time and it ended up being really nice. I stayed in my chair and kept moving with the shade all day and still ended up getting sunburned. Guess pregnancy hormones may be to blame. Who knows.

After spending all day at the lake, the plan was to go back to Ennis to go to the drive in movie and spend the night in a hotel. We got to the hotel to check in and we were all hot. We decided to skip out on the movie and all go to the pool and swim for the evening. We swam for about 2 hours, then some of the cousins got together and went to eat late. By the time we got back to the hotel, we were all exhausted. Justin and I fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow. I'll say it wasn't the best nights sleep. The bed was pretty hard...nothing like sleeping in your own bed at home. We got up the next morning to have complimentary breakfast through the hotel in the bar. Haha!! I had some AMAZING sausage!! They also made Texas shaped waffles. They looked really good and I would have eaten the whole thing if I could have eaten a waffle!! While we were eating breakfast a little girl with a cast on her arm came around asking if we would sign her cast. It was a little weird, but we all did. Everyone laughed because I signed for the baby. I'm sure later she looked at what everyone wrote and thought, "what the heck is squishy?" Hahaha!!!

Justin and I got back home around noon Sunday afternoon and spent the rest of the day on the couch watching TV. Our dogs were really happy to see us and didn't leave our sides all day. It was a fun and tiring weekend!!

No comments: