Friday, May 25, 2012

27 week visit


Yesterday I had my 27 week appointment to check up on the baby!!
 
The heartbeat continues to beat strong (and loud!). She said the baby seems healthy, so I'm happy!! I lost 1.5 pounds over the past 3 weeks since I was in. She is not worried about it though. Overall I have gained around 6 pounds...give or take a little bit. The doctor had told Justin she would be ok if I gained as little as 10, so we're on the right path.
 
The baby/my belly is measuring a tad bit bigger than it should. Yesterday I was at 27 weeks 2 days (by the calendar) and the baby/my belly was measuring at a little over 28. We will watch it over the weeks to come to see if we're just going to have a big baby or have the baby earlier than the current due date of August 21st. She said since I was a pretty big baby, there's a good chance this little one may be as well. So, more to come on that as it happens.
 
There are 2 other doctors that share an office with my doctor. She would like for me to meet both of them in the event something happens and one has to step in for her. Next visit I have my appointment with one of the doctors. The following visit is with my regular doctor. And the visit after that is with the other doctor. So it's a little crazy and I hope I can keep up with the schedule. I have it written down in 2 places to try to keep it all straight. Pregnancy brain has hit in full force!! My appointments are now every 2 weeks. The timing is working out well for when the weekly appointments hit....I will be out for the summer then!!
 
I can tell the baby has grown a lot over the past couple weeks. I can no longer look down and see my feet...I have to lean forward to see them. I can't imagine the day I can't bend forward and see them either!! Haha!! My shirts seem to keep getting shorter...guess that means my belly is getting bigger. :) Still having trouble with sciatic nerve pain from time to time and I've started having some soreness in other places in the mornings when trying to get out of bed. Everything's just growing and stretching out. There are a lot of things I'm learning about pregnancy that no one ever talks about. Some of it is quite shocking!! Overall though, I'm doing great and really don't have a lot of complaints...well, not things that warrant complaining compared to how hard it is on some women.
 
I had my first baby shower on Wednesday afternoon. My work put on a double shower for me and one of the librarians. She is having a boy and is due the day after me. It was a lot of fun!! I was really surprised by the turn out and the generosity of my co-workers!! We got a lot of cute and very useful items for the baby. As soon as I get the pictures from my Mom, I will do a post about the shower.
 
We have a fun filled weekend planned. Tonight Justin has invited some friends from work over to hang out at our house. Tomorrow I'm not sure what all is planned (hope to get a little rest in!). I know Justin plans to install a new doggie door since the flap of our current one is hanging on by a thread (literally). I need to try to get caught up on laundry, so we may just work on things around the house and maybe see The Avengers sometime. Sunday we are spending the day at Scarborough Renaissance Festival. And Monday is a holiday...yea!!!
 
I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!!!
 

1 comment:

Perfectly Jenn said...

You will have to share all those things you're learning with me! I just found out another friend of mine is pregnant and she and I were just discussing all the unknowns, etc that go along with pregnancy.
I can't wait to see photos!