I guess I can thank my sister-in-law for my jumping on the band wagon with blogging. :) I read many blogs daily and I have been thinking about doing my own for a while now, but around Father's Day I was telling Jenn one of my MANY stories of every day life. As she is laughing with tears rolling down her face she says, "You should start a blog and write about your life." So....here I am. I have quite a bit of catching up to do on my stories so at first there will probably be many posts, but it will eventually taper off to telling you about things that happen to me on a pretty frequent basis. I promise that I do not go out looking for trouble. As my Dad has always told me, "You're a Wilburn." So that's the excuse I use. My first 2 stories to post happened a while back. I actually had to write out 2 embarrassing stories for a game we were playing at work and they had to be in a rhyme. I'm going to share them with you in rhyme because I find it funnier to read it that way. Hope you enjoy!!
Just a little insight for those that do not know me. I have been married for 2 1/2 years...my husband- Justin- is amazing, the love of my life, and my best friend. We have 2 dogs that I love deeply. Hooch is a bullmastiff (120 pounds) and will be 4 in November. Mollie is a weenie/terrier mix (20 pounds) and will be 3 in November. They keep us entertained and are very much our children...and spoiled rotten. :)
The Dog Door Story
It happened but only a few years ago
The day that really bruised my ego
I came home to play with my two furry friends
And ended up never being the same again
I went in the backyard to enjoy the sun
After a while I decided I'd had enough fun
Pushing the handle to get back in the house
Was the moment I realized I'd been locked out
Reaching in my pocket to pull out my phone
Is when I see it sitting on the counter (inside) alone
No neighbors are home for me to try and call
My husband at work before I begin to bawl
I go back to my house to figure out what to do
I see my dogs inside, count them one and two
"How did they get in?" I ponder
And then it comes to me with wonder
Their dog door is flapping in the wind
This may be my ticket in
Our biggest dog is 120 pounds
I no longer need to be down
This dog can't be much bigger than me
I'm looking through the door down on my knee
I put in one arm, my shoulders are through
If my neighbors could see me, oh what a view
Now to my hips, I realize I'm stuck
Claustrophobia sets in, oh what luck
(For those that don't know this
I'm HIGHLY claustrophobic)
Everything goes black, I don't recognize this place
I wake up to my little dog licking my face
That's right, I passed out with the door around my waist
I hurried and backed out of that dog door in haste
I decided to give up on getting in
Sweating and pale, I thought this was the end
Went to the front door to wait for my husband
He laughed and laughed when he heard my conundrum
I now find it funny, this story it's true
At the time it was something that really made me blue
Laugh, laugh, laugh all you want
Embarrassing stories forever will haunt
The PetSmart Story
I have two dogs and they love to go out
"Let's go to PetSmart", I gave them a shout
I loaded them up and got in the car
Their heads out the window, they hoped to go far
We pull up at the store, they start to go wild
This is somewhere they hadn't been in a while
My first mistake was going without help
To deal with the dogs when they start to yelp
We get in the store, I put the small dog in the basket
She's not happy and making a racket
I tie the big dogs leash to the handle
To try to control him as we amble
My small dog is still crying and whining
So I put her down and she begins shining
Everything is running smoothly
We get on the toy aisle and both begin drooling
The small dog decides she needs to go to the next aisle
So under the row she crawls for a while
She's now on the aisle next to me
I don't know how to get her back so I plead
She does not listen, she does not care
I let the leash go and run around with a glare
Pick her up, go back to my cart
It's no where to be found, that was smart
People are running to get out of the way
Of my dog and the cart wandering astray
One end cap, no two, now three destroyed
I want to lie down and pass into the void
I can't find him, he's out to roam
I decide to just leave him there and go home
As I walk to the door the announcement is heard
"Will the person with the dog tied to the cart please return?"
To the front of the store I go with my head held low
Take my dog and leave before they can bestow
All the destruction he wrecked upon their store
Needless to say, he goes with me no more.
2 comments:
I love that you finally started a blog! I can't wait to read more!
Love you
I do not blog nor have a blog site, but your stories bring me such insite. I will never try to crawl through a doggie door, or take our 4 dogs to a pet store. Your stories do fill my eyes with tears, for I too share some of your fears. You light up my son's life with love and laughter, I know in my heart it's Love ever after. You bring such joy to me and my wife, you will stay our Daughter-in-law to love and charish for life !
With much love,
#2 Dad and Mom
Post a Comment