Saturday, July 10, 2010
Dead Bird
In High School I was a band nerd. Make fun all you want...we went on some really great trips for competitions and it was a lot of fun to be part of an organization that had a common interest. One year we went to Corpus Christi for our trip and a competition. We stayed in some condos and it was a lot of fun to all cook meals together, hang out at the pool all day, and walk the beaches. The condo management had a rule that you could not feed seagulls from your balcony. Being high school kids and not paying any attention to rules, a boy's room down the hall from mine started feeding the seagulls Cheetos. There were THOUSANDS swarming the building within seconds. The management office began calling all of the rooms in the area trying to find out who was feeding the birds. It was rather comical seeing all these birds dive bombing the stupid boys because they couldn't get back into their condo. One of their roommates inside decided to lock them out because he kept telling them to not feed the birds and they did it anyway. We all had our towels and swimsuits hanging on our balconies to dry...and they quickly became filled with bird poop. My mom went on this trip with me and she took my group out to the beach one day. There was TONS of sea weed...and the water is not clear (I'm a little spoiled from going to Destin, Florida every summer growing up). So my mom and I didn't get in the water - we just walked the beach to see what we could find. She said, "Look, there's a dead bird!" I looked up and around everywhere and could not find it. I shouted, "Where?" because I didn't want to miss it. She turned and looked at me and laughed so hard tears were rolling down her face. Once she was finally able to talk, she explained to me that a dead bird could not fly and was just telling me to look because I was fixing to step on it. :) Blonde moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment