Johnny Carino's is a great place to eat! I have enjoyed going there for years. This story takes place about 3-4 years ago. I had gone to Carino's with my mom and my sister on the way to take my sister to her flute lesson. We were enjoying the bread (before I went gluten free) and conversation.
The great thing about Carino's is they bring you a plate of roasted garlic, then whirl up all the herbs in the olive oil and pour it over the garlic. You then have this wonderful dipping sauce for your warm bread. We had eaten all of the garlic and oil, so I was going to do what the waiters always did and whirl up the herbs to pour us some more oil to eat with our bread. I got the bottle going, holding the top of it in place and spinning the bottom of the bottle around and around in a big circle. My mom and sister were talking about something I wasn't interested in, so I really got into mixing up the herbs. I was half listening to their conversation, but I remember hearing both of them say "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!". In my mind when I heard this I realized something was going on in the restaurant that I was missing because I was so into mixing the herbs in this oil.
I stopped spinning the bottle and looked up at them to figure out what they were so excited about. When I looked across the table they both had lines of oil across their shirts, faces, and in their hair. Apparently I was a little TOO into mixing the herbs that I had sprayed them both with the oil without knowing it. Every time the spout of the bottle went their way, it splashed oil out all over them and they would say "Whoa!". We all got tickled when I realized what I had done and they realized I hadn't even been listening to them yell "Whoa" at me. We laughed so hard we cried and continued laughing hysterically all night long every time we thought about it. My mom's glasses were too oily for her to see to drive, so I ended up having to drive the rest of the night until she got home to her glasses cleaner. My sister had oil all in her hair and on her shirt - she was embarrassed because she smelled "Italian" and had to go sit through her flute lesson that way.
Needless to say... NO ONE lets me touch the oil bottle at Carino's anymore. Guess it's a good thing I'm gluten free and can't eat the bread anymore!!
1 comment:
LOL I remember you telling me this after I did the same thing :P I was SOOOO embarrassed!
Post a Comment