Monday, February 7, 2011

Why I'm starting a new blog...

A Day in the Life of Leslie was originally started to tell of the funny stories going on in my life. I know there has not been a lot posted on it lately, and I'm sorry about that. A lot of what I get myself into happens at work and I'm really not able to talk about most of it (especially broadcast it across the internet) due to confidentiality concerns. I will continue posting on that blog as stuff comes up that I'm able to talk about, but there are many things that happen in every day life that I would like to share as well. 

If you know me well, you completely understand the title of my blog and know what a great description it is of me. Here is the link to a post I have on "A Day in the Life of Leslie" about my fascination with sparkly things. 



And below are a couple exciting things going on in my life right now!!

  • My best friend, Samantha, and her hubby are having a BABY!!! I cannot wait for little Madilyn Avery to be here. Luckily for us all, the wait is 2 weeks less...the doctor moved her due date to April 29th!!
  • My sister in law is getting married November 12, 2011. We are VERY excited for her. I know she is thrilled and we are soooo happy to have her fiance become a part of our family before the year is over. 
  • My husband and I are going to start exercising together. We have decided to undertake P90X. I'm not really sure what I've gotten myself into, but I will find out when he gets home tonight. We did the fit test last night and I've been sore just from that today. Hope I can get out of bed in the morning. I may be rolling around my clinic in a wheelchair at work tomorrow!!
  • Justin and I are going to Galveston next month with my family!!! I'm really excited about the beach, but ecstatic about Buc-ee's!! If you've never been there, you won't understand. But if you have, I know you share my enthusiasm. 
  • My sister has her Junior Recital at the end of March. I'm really excited to hear her play all the music she has worked so hard on the past few months. Happy too that she'll be able to perform in her school's new music building!!
  • My husband got me season tickets to the Dallas Summer Musicals for Christmas and our first musical is in April. Look for a review of Burn the Floor around that time!!
  • The other Christmas gift my husband gave me was a group of sisters that clean my house!! I do wonderful at laundry and dishes, but something about cleaning just takes it all out of me. They were not able to come last week due to the weather, but I'm really looking forward to having a squeaky clean house next week.
  • I have been having headaches for the past 6 months almost constantly. I talked to my dentist about it and found out that clenching my teeth at night could be the cause. He took impressions and made a mouth guard to wear at night. I got it last Thursday along with a DVD from a neurologist. I'm getting used to the mouth piece, but not completely sure it's going to get rid of my headaches 100%. The DVD was very informative though and I know the direction I need to go and questions to ask to get this under control.

That's just a quick overview of what's happening. I could add more, but right now I have the bullets at an even number and I'll get frustrated if I end up with an odd number and nothing else to say. Yes, I do have OCD tendencies...thanks, Mom!! 


I'm going to have to go stretch and limber up a bit before my husband gets home and is ready to start day 1 of the next 90 days of torture. If I end up losing a lot of weight and look toned and great...I just might share the before and after photos with you.

2 comments:

Perfectly Jenn said...

I love that you've started this new blog and I especially love the title!! I hope you're up for some dress shopping this weekend!! Love you!

Leslie said...

Can't wait!! Love you too!!