Hope everyone has had a wonderful day with their loves (or at least thinking about them!)! I'm not too big a fan of this holiday. Partly, I'm sure, because I'm married. I feel that this is more a day to celebrate your love than to show it. You should be showing your love every day!! Justin and I don't do much for Valentine's Day. I have a nice dinner planned to make him when he gets home. (Just hoping he doesn't have to work real late like he's been having to lately.) We are having Garlic Bacon Cheddar Chicken, 4 Cheese Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Parmesan Cheese Bread, and Chocolate covered Pineapple. He doesn't know about it yet. He told me last night that he would take me out to dinner Wednesday night. He knows the way to this girl's heart...FOOD!!
I thought today I would just do a recap of our weekend.
Friday night we went to one of our favorite local restaurants, Pancho & Lefty's. Better known as P&L's! We were headed there to meet friends when a car cuts us off doing a U-turn. I was saying how rude that was when the car pulled into the same parking lot of the restaurant we were going to. I told Justin they would probably get our table as well since they had been so rude. We ended up parking right next to the car and I was getting ready to get out and Justin told me to look over in the next car. IT WAS OUR FRIENDS WE WERE MEETING!!! David had cut us off...and NO, I was not surprised. We didn't recognize the car because they were in a rental. It ended up being funny and we got a good laugh out of it. We had a wonderful dinner...as always at P&L's. We went back to David and LaDonna's house to hang out for a little while. The boys played Wii golf while the girls sat around and talked. It was a fun night. I love laid back nights just hanging out with friends!!
Saturday morning I went with my SIL, Jenn, to go shopping for her wedding dress. It was a lot of fun! She actually blogged on it today, so here is the link to her blog if you're interested in all the details!
Her dress is beautiful and looks wonderful on her. She will make a stunning bride in November!!
Saturday night we had a 21st birthday party for Justin's cousin Rachael. Lots of fun there too!! We had spaghetti with homemade meatballs, played games, and sat around and talked. Justin's grandmother found out I was collecting old medicine bottles and told me she had some to add to my collection. She brought the bottles to me Saturday night at the party and they are soooo cool!! I will have to take a picture of my collection later this week to show you.
Sunday, Justin had to work. I went to church and met with one of the pastor's about a membership survey we took at the beginning of the year. The meeting went really well and I'm really excited about what God is doing in our church. I can't wait to become more involved and see how God works through me too!! After the meeting, I went to the service. This series our pastor has been doing the past 3 weeks has been soooo good!! After church I met my Mom, Dad, and sister for lunch at Babe's. It was really yummy!! We had a good time just spending time together over a meal. After that I came home and took a nap because of the horrible headache I had all morning. The nap didn't help much, but it was good to get caught up on sleep. I worked on laundry the rest of the afternoon. When Justin got home, we caught up on some of our DVR'd shows. It was a nice, relaxing evening!!
Today was a normal Monday at work. I left work intending to go to the gym, but it was so pretty outside I couldn't drag myself there. I came home and took Mollie for a walk around the neighborhood. She LOVED it!! I think that's a better idea than going to the gym anyway...she's starting to get kinda chunky so she could use the exercise too. I just wish there was a way I could walk Hooch with us. He's just a lot to handle.
I think now I will read for a while until I get the call from Justin that he's headed home so I can start dinner. Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's night with your Valentine!!
Sunday, Justin had to work. I went to church and met with one of the pastor's about a membership survey we took at the beginning of the year. The meeting went really well and I'm really excited about what God is doing in our church. I can't wait to become more involved and see how God works through me too!! After the meeting, I went to the service. This series our pastor has been doing the past 3 weeks has been soooo good!! After church I met my Mom, Dad, and sister for lunch at Babe's. It was really yummy!! We had a good time just spending time together over a meal. After that I came home and took a nap because of the horrible headache I had all morning. The nap didn't help much, but it was good to get caught up on sleep. I worked on laundry the rest of the afternoon. When Justin got home, we caught up on some of our DVR'd shows. It was a nice, relaxing evening!!
Today was a normal Monday at work. I left work intending to go to the gym, but it was so pretty outside I couldn't drag myself there. I came home and took Mollie for a walk around the neighborhood. She LOVED it!! I think that's a better idea than going to the gym anyway...she's starting to get kinda chunky so she could use the exercise too. I just wish there was a way I could walk Hooch with us. He's just a lot to handle.
I think now I will read for a while until I get the call from Justin that he's headed home so I can start dinner. Hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's night with your Valentine!!
1 comment:
Thank you so much for all you're doing for me! I can't wait until we pick out your dress!
Post a Comment