Justin and I had a busy weekend this past weekend for Mother's Day.
Friday night we went out to eat with his family at Hard Eight BBQ. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it!!
Saturday morning we met his Mom and Dad for breakfast to celebrate Mother's Day. After a huge, filling breakfast at Ham & Eggs in Lewisville, we spent the afternoon going around to animal shelters to find Justin's Mom a new puppy for Mother's Day. She got a cute 5 month old boxer/shepherd mix puppy named Dana Sue. We later went to spend the evening with my Mom for Mother's Day. We went to church then had burgers at her house afterward. My family gave her a new camera for Mother's Day, so she is loving testing it out!!
Sunday I woke up with the worst headache I can remember ever having. It was a pretty miserable, long day. Finally toward the end of the day some of the medicine I had taken kicked in and took a little bit of the edge off. I really thought I was going to have to go to the hospital at one point. My sweet husband took care of me all day though and made the day a little more bearable. I go to the doctor tomorrow morning, so hopefully she will be able to give me something for times like that when it gets really bad.
Today I had a great day at work...seemed to go by really fast and I got to start testing out our online clinic visit charting for next year. I think it's going to be great!! After work I took lasagna, salad, bread, and strawberry shortcake to my wonderful friend Samantha for dinner. It was really just an excuse to be able to hold little Madilyn that was born last Wednesday. Haha!! She's so precious and such a great baby. I think I could hold her all day and just watch her sleep.
I didn't give an update for Burn the Floor that Justin and I went to see last month at the Music Hall. It was a great musical, very fast paced dancing...but it didn't have a story to it. I liked it, and I think Justin liked it even though he fell asleep through part of it. Haha!! We go in a couple weeks to see 9 to 5. I really want to watch the movie with Dolly Parton before we go see it, but I'm having a hard time finding it. If anyone knows where I can get my hands on it, please let me know!!
I finished Water for Elephants...great book!! I'm hoping to be able to see the movie sometime soon. I am actually going to go lay down in bed and start Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult now. It's supposed to be a great book...interesting because it has a CD of music that goes along with it. I will let you know what I think of it as I read more!
No comments:
Post a Comment