I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to have been thinking clearly today without the evil Topamax messing up my mind. Thanks to weaning off the medicine (which I will officially take my last dose of tomorrow) I am able to function and today would have been a disaster if I were not able to do so.
I'm not really able to go into much detail due to confidentiality concerns, but I wanted to share with everyone that I was involved with saving a life today....LITERALLY!!! I was called to a classroom where someone had passed out. When the other nurse and I got there, the person was unconscious and not breathing. We had to perform rescue breathing until the paramedics showed up with more advanced technology than what we keep in the school. They ended up having to transport the person to the hospital, which I got to ride along on. The person is going to be fine...and everyone at the school is thankful for that.
I would have to say that today probably has to top my list since I've become a school nurse. It's one of those things that rarely happens, but when it does...I'm ready for it. I just never know what will walk through my door at work!!! I've learned to expect the unexpected.
I can say today was a very jam packed day that FLEW by. I'm exhausted (and have a headache, as usual) so I think I'll cut it short today in exchange for resting on the couch. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday tomorrow!! I know I'm looking forward to the weekend!!
3 comments:
Thats my Daughter-in-law ! That is fantastic ! I'm very proud of you for your quick thinking and your professionalism. Plus, I'm glad that this person is going to be ok !!!! Carl
I'm very proud of you!!!
God Bless you Leslie. Happy everything turned out positive.
Post a Comment