Sometimes I tend to have OCD tendencies. It comes out a lot with organization in my clinic. Everything is labeled and color coordinated. I can get very obsessive over it at times. I realized yesterday I had a little issue with it when I went to go pick up dinner for Justin and I.
What should have taken only 15 minutes turned into a 40 minute ordeal. I got a text from a friend while driving, so when I got where I was going I parked in the parking lot and called her back. She had a question that wasn't going to take long to answer so I talked to her a couple minutes before going through the drive through. By the time I was ready to go through the drive through there were a couple cars in line. While I was waiting, I noticed a dog smelling around the trash and dumpster. It had a collar and tags on, but there were some people standing around in the parking lot so I told myself the dog had to belong to one of them. I ordered my food, but the longer I sat there and watched what was going on I realized the people didn't even pay the dog any attention and it was running around the parking lot. I began to think that if the dog ran out on the highway and got hit I would feel really bad for not helping it out. But at the same time I didn't want to bring an unknown dog home to my dogs if there was no information on the collar. Then what would I do? Drive over to it and if there wasn't an address or phone number just close my door and drive away? That would make me feel horrible too! So as I sit in the drive through waiting to get through to help out the poor lost dog, I'm having an internal debate on what I'm going to do. I finally get my food and drive over to the dog to help. As I call out to it, of course the dog runs away. It ran into a neighborhood that I couldn't get to from the parking lot, so I just let it go telling myself it was going home. At least it was headed away from the highway, right?
So with all the drama and time I spent on this lost dog I completely lost track of time. I started heading home and got stuck in major traffic due to a wreck that had just happened. The fire department had just pulled up and blocked off all but 1 lane of traffic. I just sat in traffic kicking myself. If I had just waited to call my friend when I got back home, I wouldn't have been obsessed about helping the dog and wouldn't have been stuck in the traffic from the wreck. The longer I sat there though I became thankful. I could have saved that dogs life and by taking the time to do that it prevented me from being in the area when the wreck happened...possibly involving me. Just goes to show the things that annoy us are sometimes a blessing in disguise!!
No comments:
Post a Comment